Posts tagged south indians
Three films down the line, Anushka Sharma is still taking baby steps in the industry
Mauli Singh (MUMBAI MIRROR; December 29, 2010)
• Though Band Baaja Baaraat worked well, your co-star Ranveer stole all the limelight.
It’s because he is a newcomer and people rubbished him when the first promos came out. He surprised people because he is so good. But there hasn’t been one person who hasn’t said nice things about me. So I am glad.
• Your chemistry with Ranveer has created quite the buzz
We both come from non-filmi backgrounds and have much in common. That comfort showed on screen. Ranveer is a very attractive guy. And all speculation should end there.
• Name a favourite co-star.
Ranveer; as there was no discomfort working with him.
• You really haven’t stirred up the industry as actresses like Deepika and Sonam have. Why?
I don’t know. You tell me. Having given three hits back-to-back in three years I wonder why there is not as much hype about me as them. (Pauses) Actually I am glad that I am known for my talent and not for my clothes or controversies.
• Is critical acclaim enough or are you looking for awards too?
I would really love to get awards. I love them but then after the film was released, people actually called me and appreciated my work. That was like an award for me.
• Besides Shah Rukh who else is your favourite Khan?
I love all the Khans and want to work with each one of them. In fact I want to work with every actor in the More >