Posts tagged son of sardar
Amrapali Sharma (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 17, 2012)
Stars and their date ‘troubles’ are common phenomena in the Hindi cinema industry. And thus, when Sanjay Dutt decided to give all his dates to the various projects other than Vinod Bachchan’s Zila Ghaziabad, the filmmaker couldn’t help but wait. But now, Mirror has learnt that the actor is ready to revisit the project. In fact, Sanjubaba, who had earlier given dates allotted to the film to other productions, has decided to start shooting for Zila Ghaziabad again starting this weekend in Wai.
A source close to the film revealed, “The Sanjay Dutt and Vivek Oberoi starrer venture was not going as per schedule. There were differences between the producer Vinod Bachchan and Sanjay.”
According to the source, Dutt started shooting for Son Of Sardar after the release of Agneepath. Moreover, he used the dates allotted to Zilla Ghaziabad for re-shooting portions of Ram Gopal Varma’s Department.
However, when we contacted Sanjay Dutt’s manager Dharam Oberoi, he explained, “The film is almost complete. Only a patchwork shoot is left. That would take about six days. The shoot was stuck due to the unavailability of fight master Kannan. Sanjay Dutt was available any day. But now, it is all sorted out.”
By Aakansha Naval Shetye (DNA; May 4, 2012)Ajay Devgn DNA
Unlike several of his peers, there seems to be no summer break for actor Ajay Devgn, who has been working non-stop since early this year.
Currently shooting in Wai for Bol Bachchan, the film is expected to wrap up by today, but sources say that the family vacation may still have to wait as after his return to the city, Ajay will immediately get into a 30-day schedule for Son of Sardar.
“I haven’t been able to spend as much time as I would want to with them, but then when it comes to family, no matter how much time you get, it’s never enough. But yes, I do plan to take a few days off before I start the shoot of Himmatwala,” says the actor.
As for his own directorial outing, Ajay says that the action film will only begin next year. “It’s still in scripting stages and nothing is finalised. I have been so busy with my other films that this one’s taken a backseat. So I think next year is when we will be able to work it out,” he adds.
Will it be with wife, actor Kajol? “Let’s see, the script will decide that. But I’m always keen to work with her.” Despite both of them being in limelight, the couple has managed to maintain their privacy. “That’s because I don’t need to talk about my family to be heard and don’t believe in using my private life as crutches to push my professional life. I personally find it amusing to see actors complain about the invasion in their privacy when they are the ones opening windows for More >
Fashion designer-turned-actor Sonakshi Sinha has charted the road to success within a short span of time in Bollywood. With four films slated to release this year, she defends her Indian girl image, her old-world appeal and the conservative ‘samiksha’ within which she operates
By Pooja Thanawala (MID-DAY; April 30, 2012)
You star in four major releases – Rowdy Rathore, Joker, Son of Sardar and Dabangg 2 — in 2012. Where do you expect to be by December 31 this year? Hopefully, somewhere good. I feel fortunate that the Hindi film industry has accepted me in a big way. But I don’t think of reaching some predetermined goal; I like to live in the moment. I am feeling excited and positive right now. It was a big day when Dabangg released, nothing was certain and I didn’t know what to expect. Now, I am experiencing the same feeling that I had before Dabangg.
It’s a bit of a feast-after-a-famine situation — after Dabangg there was an 18-month gap before your second release. How did you handle the phase away from the spotlight? I was not sitting at home. I was busy. I was performing at award functions and also did some shows. I did interviews and photo shoots for magazines. I never felt out of the industry.
Your films are opposite stars such as Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn. But that means they are all male-oriented. Do you expect to be nominated for any of these movies? I don’t think these films will help me grab awards. But that is not the criteria when I sign a More >
Unable to suppress her excitement, the actress has been spilling the beans about Dabangg 2 on the sets of Son Of Sardar
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 21, 2012)
According to a survey conducted by an international brand, women are overcome by the need to gossip and typically, can’t keep a secret for more than 32 minutes. By that meter, the Shotgun’s daughter Sonakshi Sinha, fares much better. She holds on to her stories for as much time as is required to shuttle between the sets of Dabangg 2 and Son Of Sardar. But then, she spills the beans. Mirror has found out, that the pretty young thing has been sharing details of her one project on the sets of another. And both being big-ticket films, Salman Khan isn’t too happy with his co-stars habit.
It isn’t Sonakshi’s fault really. After all what is a girl supposed to do when interesting incidents keep happening on the sets of the much-awaited sequel to Salman’s 2010 blockbuster. So when, the actor had a creative tiff with his producer-director brother Arbaaz, Sonakshi couldn’t help but tell her friends on the sets of Son Of Sardar all about it.
Also, when Salman sent back the 400 dancers who were called for an item number one day, Sonakshi happily chirped about it.
And once she started talking, how could she leave out the details of the scene, and the food, and the ambience and all the little necessary tit-bits?
However, while Sonakshi and her clique may have enjoyed their intimate gossip sessions, Salman Khan is less More >
While shooting at a fort in Patiala, the entire unit of the Ajay Devgn film, including producer Tanisha, was attacked by bees
Mehul S Thakkar (BOMBAY TIMES; April 4, 2012)
Actress-turned-producer Tanishaa Mukerji, while taking permissions to shoot her project Son Of Sardar, at the old fort in Patiala did not keep the other inhabitants of the area in mind. And thus, when the crew started shooting, some very angry bees attacked the entire unit. Mirror learnt, that the buzzing insects did not leave producer Tanisha either. The editor Dharmendra, set designer Sabu Cyril and action director Jitu Verma got stung.
Lead actor Ajay Devgn asked the entire unit jokingly to visit the nearby temple and seek respite from the bees, revealed an eyewitness. Apart from prayers, the unit is using big handkerchiefs to cover their faces as a safety measure.
When contacted, Tanisha said, “Nature can’t be predicted. It’s getting hotter in Patiala and I guess the bees too were feeling the heat. One day while walking to the sets, the insects attacked us. I covered my face but unluckily got stung on my hands and back.”
The actor is about to interpret his iconic action sequence by straddling a pair of horses
Mehul S Thakkar (BOMBAY TIMES; March 30, 2012)
Every star has their signature strut. Rajinikanth flips his sunglasses. Shah Rukh Khan spreads his arms. And Ajay Devgn straddles two moving vehicles. In his debut film Phool Aur Kaante, he strode two bikes. In Golmaal Returns, keeping in tune with director Rohit Shetty’s fascination for them, Devgn repeated his famous action with two brightly coloured cars. And now, the actor has decided to reinterpret his famous act with two lively horses for Ashwini Dhir’s Son Of Sardar.
Mirror has found out that the filmmakers have already finalised two horses from Patiala, where the shoot has been planned. A big ground has already been booked for the sequence. The horses are being trained there. And the actor too is training with them. On the other hand, the entire team is busy planning the sequence – figuring out how to shoot the scene without a safety harness, how to avoid scaring the animals etc – since even a single glitch could seriously injure the actor.
The scene will be directed by Jai Singh, who had been an associate of the actor’s father Veeru Devgan. He had also been the action director for all Rohit Shetty films including Golmaal, Singham, Golmaal 3 etc.
Apart from getting ready for the scene, Devgn is busy getting acquainted with the two horses. Since unlike the bikes and cars that held him the last two times, horses are living beings More >
By Aakshansha Naval Shetye (DNA; March 19, 2012)
The last quarter in Bollywood calendar is also considered the most exciting one, what with a majority of the biggies lined up at the BO during the Diwali to Christmas phase. And this year, the excitement seems to have multiplied by several notches, as industry insiders and trade are predicting a takkar at the BO like never before.
Never mind the doomsday theories predicting the world’s end on December 21, apna B-Town’s all excited about the big ticket releases ahead. In fact with Shah Rukh Khan (Yash Chopra film), Salman Khan (Dabanng 2), Aamir Khan (Talaash), Akshay Kumar (Khiladi 786), Ajay Devgn (Son of Sardar), Saif Ali Khan (Race 2) and John Abraham (Shootout At Wadala and Race 2) all ready to take on each other and with money riding on them being pegged at approximately Rs500 crore this Q4, the stakes are at an all-time high, say insiders.
“There’s no denying that this Q4 is going to be the most exciting one that Bollywood’s ever witnessed. While this quarter always does see the best films roll out, never before have we had almost all top stars in the running at the same time,” says trade analyst Komal Nahta. “Barring two or three actors from the A-league, all will be vying for the numero uno slot at the BO. That they have their own 100 crore collections to beat is only adding to the heat,” adds Nahta.
“The films are rather crucial this year. Even the moolah apart, all are films that are already generating much hype More >
Despite Singham’s success, the actress turned down Ajay Devgn’s next film
By Subhash K Jha (MID-DAY; March 18, 2012)
South actress Kajal Aggarwal, who made a successful debut in 2011 hit Singham has reportedly upset a number of top heroes and filmmakers in Bollywood by turning down offers.
Apparently, one of them is opposite Ajay Devgn, whose upcoming film Son Of Sardar was turned down by the actress. It seems she was offered the role immediately after Singham. According to sources, she also turned down a Yashraj Films’ untitled project opposite Shahid Kapoor that will be directed by Maneesh Sharma, to agree to star opposite Akshay Kumar in Special Chabbis.
She is currently in Delhi shooting Special Chabbis and will soon move to Mumbai to focus on her career in Bollywood. When contacted, Aggarwal said, “I am not a great planner. But yes, I have decided to be in Mumbai for a while.” She revealed that she received a number of offers after Singham, but turned most of them down.
“The roles were not substantial or to my liking. By God’s grace I have a successful career down south. I don’t need to do Hindi films unless they’re worth my while. If I’ve offended anyone it is unintentional.” According to the actress, she agreed to Special Chabbis because it is being directed by Neeraj Pandey, whose A Wednesday she loved.
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; March 13, 2012)
Yesterday, a fatal accident on the sets of director Ashwini Dhir’s Son Of Sardar in Patiala sent the entire film industry into a pall of gloom.
Thirty-three year old light man, Machinder Arvel aka Bala, a resident of Chembur, was electrocuted just a few metres away from where producer-actor Ajay Devgn was shooting for his film. Bala died on the spot. Another light man, Bipin Yadav, is in the ICU. A source from the set told Mirror, “Bipin was rushed to the hospital. He is serious. Unfortunately, Bala could not be saved.” FWICE President Dharmesh Tiwari expressed serious concern, terming the incident a tragedy.
Speaking to Mirror, Bala’s grieving brother-in-law, Ganesh Vasant Khandane, also a light man in Btown, said, “My sister and I are deeply shocked. We are grateful to FWICE that Machinder’s body is being flown into Mumbai. I was shooting in Madh Island when I got a call informing me about my brother-in-law’s unfortunate death. I just don’t know what to do.” His voice choking with emotion, he said, “We shall demand compensation from Ajay Devgn. However our loss is irreparable.”
Reportedly, the incident occurred when six light men were trying to raise a streamer so as to increase the intensity of light that would fall on the faces of actors Ajay Devgn and Mukul Dev, who were getting ready for the subsequent shot. Explaining what exactly transpired, Vice Chairman of the Union, Prem Singh Thakur, said, “As far as I know, a More >
Sajid-Wajid are out of Ajay Devgn’s Son of Sardar after a rumoured fall out, Sandeep Chowta will replace them
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; March 7, 2012)
After all the excitement around Sajid-Wajid composing the music for the upcoming Ajay Devgn starrer Son of Sardar, now comes the disappointment. With just one song recorded, the duo is suddenly out of the project. What’s more, Sandeep Chowta has taken over as composer and even begun work on the title track of the film. A rather surprising turn of events, this… Word is that the composers, known for their proximity to Salman Khan, had a fallout with Devgn.
When contacted, Wajid candidly told Mirror, “The way it happened, we had to leave the project. The timings didn’t gel. No problem. We’ll work together again. In fact we’re doing Ajay’s next and have tremendous respect for him and his work.”
Ribbed about being unceremoniously dropped from the project, Wajid explained, “We were busy and then Son Of Sardar was pushed ahead. We were expected to deliver within an impossible deadline and it just didn’t work out. To add to our woes, our dadajee passed away. He was 105 but so agile till the very end that it was rather unexpected. His death threw our schedule further off-course.”
Although Wajid was quick to add, “It isn’t the end of the world. Like every grain goes to someone, similarly, every song has the name of the composer ingrained on it. We’ve composed one beautiful song rendered by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and as far as we’re More >