Posts tagged november
BOMBAY TIMES (November 4, 2010)
The team of No problem, Eros International’s next film directed by Anees Bazmee and jointly produced by Anil Kapoor Film Company Pvt Ltd and Rawail Grandsons Entertainment and Software Pvt Ltd is all set to start its promotional activities.
And to kickstart the action, the cast, — Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Suniel Shetty, Sushmita Sen, Kangna Ranaut, Neetu Chandra and Paresh Rawal along with the director will make a visit to the Bombay Stock exchange (BSE) this Diwali (November 5). What will they be doing there? Attending the annual grand Laxmi Puja. The team will also ring the famous BSE gong.
Eros International, who has recently been listed, initiated this novel concept to promote their latest comic caper. Since the gong is rung before trading activities to have a successful venture, this was thought to be the perfect opportunity to start off the promotion of the film, that releases on December 10. As for the date, the team says it was chosen after much thought since it’s the auspicious occasion of Diwali!
With such a stellar star cast, a talented director and a ‘thunderous’ beginning, the movie is sure to find its way to success at the box office!
The singer is demanding his dues from Gajendra Singh of Music Ka Maha Muqabla
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 26, 2010)
Singer Rahul Vaidya has filed a complaint of harassment and non-payment against TV producer Gajendra Singh at Versova police station yesterday morning.
When contacted, an irate Vaidya said, “We shot for the show with him Music Ka Maha Muqabla in November last year. My contract said that I will be paid seven days after the shoot of each episode. However it will be a year now and I am yet to receive the money.Rahul Vaidya
The show got over in March and now we are at the end of October. When finally I sent an irritated message to one of Gajendra’s assistants saying that they have to pay me my money or I will have to take some action, that’s when Gajendra Singh messaged me saying that I can do whatever I wish and that I should not mess with them,.
All I want to say is that I am demanding the money which I have earned rightfully through my sincerity and hard work.
When I am right, I can mess with anyone in this world. My amount is not even huge (3.25 lakhs).Gajendra Singh
However it is the non-responsive behavior ever since the show got over which has irked me. I had no option but to file a complaint against him.
I filed a complaint at Versova Police Station yesterday morning.” When contacted Gajendra Singh said, “I had a word with my office and they said it has been cleared.” However, Rahul Vaidya More >
With Amitabh Bachchan back on the fourth season of the show, Kaun Banega Crorepati seems to be on a roll. And the guest list is improving by the day.
One hears that apart from having Bollywood stars on the show, KBC will soon be hosting sportsmen as well.
Apparently, the show will have a special episode dedicated only to sports, in which sportsmen from various fields will play a different game and not the one they specialise in.
A source says, “This Sunday, Bachchan will be shooting with sportsmen like boxing champion Vijender Singh, tennis champion Leander Paes, cricketer Sreesanth, badminton champion Jwala Gutta among others.
The episode will be aired in the first week of November.”
Amitabh Bachchan is a busy bee a couple of days ahead of his 68th. He is shooting simultaneously for his new film Power, directed by Raj Kumar Santoshi, and Kaun Banega Crorepati.
A few nights ago he stole the show walking the ramp for Karan Johar. His energy is at an all-time high.
Excerpts from a tête-à-tête.
So, all set for the birthday celebrations at home?
Hold on! There will be no celebrations at home. Of course, if people come over unannounced, they’re most welcome. I’ll be opening KBC this day. I have been working late into the nights recording promos for the show.
Is Rajnikanth coming to Mumbai for your birthday?
There are no such plans. But we’ve great affection for one another. I met Rajni for the first time in Chennai when I was shooting at the AVM Studios. He came across and met me. We’ve been friends ever since. He’s such a humble and simple human being. So down-to-earth… how he remains that way with the kind of fan-following he has is a mystery.
His wife has been a wonderful support. She has brought up their children so well. Every time I am in Chennai, I call and visit him. We call each other whenever the need arises.
What did you think of Robot?
What a massive achievement! Great entertainer. It’s all Rajni and Shankar and their hard work.
On the eve of your birthday you rocked on the ramp.
Thank you… Kya Karen, karna padta hai kissi terah.
How do you it?
Keep crossing new thresholds More >
Sanjay Dutt, who’s given up alcohol, is high on life and all excited about playing a patriot in his new film
Meena Iyer | TNN (BOMBAY TIMES; October 7, 2010)Sanjay Dutt is in an interesting phase in his career. At a time when the men in cinema (Rajinikanth, Ajay Devgn, Salman Khan) have been standing up and delivering, Sanju is getting ready for a challenge too. Yes, the countdown has begun. AAP Entertainment and Sohail Maklai’s Knock Out, a fast-paced thriller that brings together Sanjay Dutt, Irrfan Khan and Kangna Ranaut together for the first time, releases worldwide on October 15. And Sanju is pretty confident about the film.
He says, “Mani Shankar and I went wrong with Rudraksh. It was a film slightly ahead of its time. But I have full faith in Mani as a director. He’s really good with the thriller genre. I only did Knock Out because the script had novelty. And my role is the backbone of the film.’’ Of the film that has the right amount of twists and turns to keep viewers riveted, Sanju says, “It’s a suspense thriller that can hook the audience because it’s a smart-sassy film that takes on anti-nationals. I play a desh bhakt… and I’m very sure the patriotic dialogue baazi will bring the house down.’’
Personally, too, the actor confesses to being in a very calm and collected phase of his life. He has given up alcohol because he says, “Life is giving me the high I need. My wife Manyata is expecting twins sometime in November More >
By Joginder Tuteja, September 27, 2010 – 11:25 IST
Anushka Sharma, who made her debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, would be seen on the big screen yet again in Band Baaja Baaraat. This fun flick coming from the house of ‘Yash Raj Films’ releases all over on 10th December. However, call it sheer coincidence or a part of the plan but the fact remains that history would be repeating itself for the pretty girl. This is because Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi too had come around the same time when it released on 12th December 2008.
Says a trade observer, “This should be one lucky coincidence for the makers and Anushka here. After all Anushka has been enjoying a good innings so far in Bollywood. Her first film was a blockbuster while Badmaash Company, which was again a YRF production and had released earlier this year, was also an average success. She would well be looking at making a hat trick with Band Baaja Baaraat.”
While one looks forward to that happening, here is a hitch. While in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Badmaash Company she had Shah Rukh Khan and Shahid Kapoor respectively to spearhead the show, in case of Band Baaja Baaraat she has (ironically) turned out to be the senior-most of the lot.
“That’s right”, continues the trade observer, “This time around, it appears to be Anushka all the way. Director Maneesh Sharma is a first timer though he was an Associate Director on Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. As for her leading man Ranveer Singh, he is a complete More >
By Joginder Tuteja, September 24, 2010 – 11:31 IST
Jimmy Sheirgill is in elite company. After Naseeruddin Shah/Arshad Warsi (Ishqiya) and Salman Khan (Dabangg) set the screen on fire with their terrific performance in their respective films, both of which had a small town setting to it, it is Jimmy who would be entering a similar zone. The film is titled Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster and while it has a small town setting to it, it also features Jimmy as a ‘sahab’ with a touch of royalty to it.
Smiles Jimmy, “After playing an NRI in My Name Is Khan and a desi munda in Mel Karade Rabba, I guess it should be good fun to step into something entirely different in Sahib Biwi aur Gangster. As the title suggests, the film is being designed as a complete entertainer with some realistic narrative. It would be one action thriller to watch out for next year.”
Slated to go on floors in October with a start-to-finish schedule that would end in November, Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster would feature Mahie Gill as the ‘biwi’ and Randeep Hooda as the ‘gangster’. Quite an interesting combination, one has to admit. Also, the film would be directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia who has earlier directed Jimmy in Haasil and Charas.
“Tigmanshu and I have a tuning. Moreover, Haasil again had a small town setting though the plot is altogether different this time around. While Haasil was about student politics, Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster has a really novel and interesting script. I don’t really wish to divulge much More >
By Joginder Tuteja, September 23, 2010 – 11:10 IST
Neil Nitin Mukesh is spitting venom. Even as he was looking forward to a day of festivity and celebrations yesterday, he woke up to a rude surprise when he read about his ouster from Abbas Mustan’s remake of The Italian Job. A tabloid report suggested that not just had he been thrown out of the film post the ‘failure’ of Lafangey Parindey; he was also blissfully unaware of the ‘fact’ himself.
“Well, looks like some people out there know more about me and my films than myself”, says Neil while trying hard to control his irritation over the matter, “Just because you are not speaking, some people out there build an imaginary tale all by themselves.”
So what’s the real status?
“Arrey issme real ya unreal status ki kya baat hai? It’s sad that I am giving clarification on this when the fact is that I am already preparing for my role. The film is pretty much on and I am also not going anywhere. In fact Abbas-Mustan, who are currently out for location scouting, had given me such a detailed role description before leaving. They should be back in a week’s time and post that there would be a further one month of preparation. We begin shooting early November.”
The Italian Job has been in news for about a year and most of the pain points have been around the casting. The men in white, Abbas-Mustan, were pretty much riding high after the super success of Race. However, bringing The Italian Job has been a challenge due to its More >
Films starring Tom Cruise and Dev Patel are commencing production in the exotic state of Rajasthan starting October
Mauli Singh (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 21, 2010)
After Danny Boyle directing Slumdog Millionaire, Julia Roberts shooting in Delhi for Eat Pray Love, and Ang Lee scouting location and talent for the Booker-winning Life Of Pi, India is continuing to woo top Hollywood A-listers.
Two more Hollywood films–Tom Cruise’s much-awaited Mission Impossible 4 and Fox Searchlight’s The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, starring Dev Patel– are both commencing production in Rajasthan come October.
A highly placed source informs, “Tom Cruise’s film is going on floors on October 10 in Udaipur. After finishing the two-month-long schedule in Udaipur, the crew will move to Jaipur for another month-long shoot.” Another source reveals, “They have booked rooms in Shiv Vilas, a five-star hotel in Jaipur.” The hotel authorities confirmed, “Yes, we got an inquiry from Tom Cruise’s Hollywood production film for bookings in November and December, but they haven’t confirmed yet.”
The source adds, “A Delhi-based production company, I Top, has been hired to do line production for the Tom Cruise film.”
Meanwhile, Fox Searchlight starts The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with Dev Patel in Udaipur. The film, which is based on Deborah Moggach’s book, These Foolish Things, tentatively stars Julie Christie, Judi Dench and Tom Wilkinson. The film is going on floors in October More >
Though Pankaj Kapur had forbidden her from working on another film before completing Mausam, the actress has been cast opposite Abhishek Bachchan in the Abbas-Mustan film
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 09, 2010)
The fact of the matter is that Abbas-Mustan’s The Italian Job, to be produced by Studio 18, is supposed to go on floors in November. But the leading lady opposite Abhishek Bachchan had not been cast for the longest time, until now.
If you have kept abreast with our regular reports on this topic, you will know some of the reasons why several actresses chose to walk out of the film. But here’s a recap.
After Katrina Kaif quit the project and Abbas-Mustan reportedly called her ‘unprofessional’, she was gone for good. Consecutively, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra turned down the film.
And finally, while Sonam was very keen on working in the film, she was supposedly forbidden to do so by director Pankaj Kapur, until she finished working in his film Mausam.
Confirming this, Sheetal Talwar, producer of Mausam, had said, “It’s true. Pankajji has asked Sonam not to sign any more films until Mausam is done. Her dates in November, when we suppose The Italian Job will start, are with us.
There’s no question of date adjustment. I am sure Sonam understands the situation. We all adore her. She’s magical in front of the camera.”
Ostensibly, Sonam was then out of The Italian Job.Pankaj Kapur Abbas-Mustan
But the latest is More >