Posts tagged august 12
Angad Hasija who plays Shankar in Siddarth Tewary’s Phulwa has been shooting his death sequence in the serial. Well, as they say when an actor plays a character, he lives that character.
It certainly would be difficult to bid goodbye to his character but also an experience quite memorable. He will be killed in filmy style by the thakurs and would be shown in blood. He obviously is not using real blood so after the day’s shoot is over he takes just two hours to remove blood.
He feels it was one of the best sequence he ever shot. The death scene was shot in a filmy way and his death will pave way for the logical leap. He feels as an actor he has surely progressed by doing the role which was diametrically opposite from what he did in Bidaai. The constant joke among co-stars is he really had a bloody death.
The ongoing multiplex-Hollywood studios standoff may serve as a blessing in disguise for the controversial film
Divya Unny (MID-DAY; August 12, 2011)
Finally, Aarakshan may be in for some good luck. Prakash Jha’s controversy-ridden film on India’s reservation policy may just reap the benefits of a timely release.
Not only is it a long weekend, thanks to Independence Day on Monday, but two very prominent Hollywood films will not be releasing in multiplexes this week.
All thanks to the revenue sharing dispute between Hollywood studios and the multiplex management. Last week, it was Fox Star’s Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes that hit just single screens.
This week, it’s Warner Bros’ Final Destination 5 and Viacom 18′s Captain America that will refrain from releasing in 1,050 multiplex screens across the country.
Confirms Denzil Dias, deputy MD (Theatrical), Warner Bros, “We are working with each of our multiplex partners to find the best possible way to resolve the revenue sharing issue for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two as well as our forthcoming release Final Destination 5.”
Money matters Multiplexes, which shared a 50-50 percentage pattern with Hollywood production houses, are now offering to give them only 45 per cent of the share, which has not been agreeable to most international studios.
Obviously, the only option the former is left with is to allot the extra screens to the sole big multi-starrer Hindi film this weekend, which is eventually expected to More >
Knocks off controversial scenes in the Neeraj Grover murder-inspired ‘Not A Love Story’ a week before its release
By Hiren Kotwani (MID-DAY; August 12, 2011)
The release of Not A Love Story is barely a week away and there’s still no respite for Ram Gopal Varma.
The director, whose film is inspired by the Neeraj Grover murder case, is yet to get the certification from the Censor Board to make the prints and dispatch them in time for release.
Now buzz is that he has re-edited some controversial scenes after receiving notices from Maria Susairaj and Emile Jerome Matthew, convicted in the May 2008 killing.
Not surprisingly, Maria and Jerome have also sent their respective notices to the Board.
“Since Not A Love Story is yet to get a clearance from the Censor Board, Ramu can’t let anything jeopardise the release next Friday,” said a source.
Emile Jerome Matthew and Maria Susairaj; (top) a still from Not Just A Love Story
“He doesn’t want any ‘going back and forth’ like it happened before getting the trailers cleared last month for promotions on satellite television.
So he’s keeping ready a copy of the film with the controversial scenes toned down,” added the source. On his part, Varma said that the censorship “will happen by Saturday.”
As for the notices he’s got from Maria and Jerome, he maintained, “Our lawyers are in the process of replying to the notices.”
Predictably, the filmmaker seems to have no intention of showing Not A Love Story to either of the accused.
Our More >
By Mauli Singh (MID-DAY; August 12, 2011)
Mollywood’s superstar Shaikh Shafique, who takes on the tobacco mafia in ‘Malegaon Ka Superrman’, is dying of throat cancer in real life
Over the years, we’ve seen many celluloid supermen having tragic endings in their real life. Now we hear the lead actor of Anurag Kashyap and Sunil Bohra’s next Malegaon Ka Superrman Shaikh Shafique is meeting the same fate.
You can call it a cruel joke or irony, but the 28-year-old actor who fights the evils of tobacco in the film is suffering from throat cancer (as a result of his tobacco intake) and has very few days left to live.
Last stage A source informs, “The debutant actor Shaikh Shafique, who lives in Malegaon, was very excited to play superman in the film. But his world came crashing down when he was diagnosed with throat cancer a year ago. He is in the last stage.”
The source adds, “Since Shaikh is critical, Kashyap and Bohra have arranged a special screening of the film in Malegaon. They just want to keep their superman happy.”
Release date Bohra says, “I was shocked when I found out three days ago that Shiekh will not survive more than few months. I immediately released the poster and announced the release date of the film because I want him to be there when the film comes out. It is being released in November.”
By the time you see this film, he may not be there. Zoya and Farhan Akhtar saw the film at a film festival and have dubbed messages for him. We are planning to get around 50 More >
Noyon Jyoti Parasara (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 12, 2011) Anurag Kashyap is all set to return as an actor. The director has agreed to play a cameo in Soundtrack. This is his third film after he portrayed the character of a molesting father in I Am.
Talking about Kashyap’s role in the film, director Neerav Ghosh said, “Anurag plays himself in the film. He gives a break to the lead character of the film played by Rajeev Khandelwal.”
Ghosh added, “He is always very encouraging of new directors and good scripts. He read the script and agreed to do the film. Also, he, Rajeev and Mohan Kapur have lip sung the song Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke.”
The movie produced by Sa Re Ga Ma will release on September 30.
The filmmakers of Players, the desi adaptation of the 2003 Hollywood adventure flick, have decided to get the film’s original cast to Mumbai
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 12, 2011)
Filmmakers are known to go all out and leave no stones unturned while promoting their films. However, the producers of the desi adaptation of the 2003 adventure flick The Italian Job, Abbas-Mustan and Viacom 18, have gone one step ahead. Reportedly, the co-producers of Players have decided to get the cast of the Hollywood version to assist in the promotional activities of the Bollywood version.
According to a source, all the formalities in terms of paper work have been attended to and actors Mark Wahlberg, Edward Norton, Charlize Theron and director F Gary Gray are expected to arrive in Mumbai, in November to promote Players with Abhishek Bachchan, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Bobby Deol, Bipasha Basu and Sonam Kapoor.Clockwise from left : Charlize Theron, Mark Wahlberg and Edward Norton
The source told us, “The producers have done all the negotiations in secret. They have paid a hefty amount for the remake rights. The makers of Players want The Italian Job franchise to be associated with the Hindi film, at the time of its release. It would be a big boost for Players.”
The source explained that since The Italian Job was a blockbuster success, it would be economically beneficial to associate the Hindi version to the original franchise.
When contacted, Vikram Malhotra of Viacom 18 More >
A closet writer turned producer, Neil Nitin Mukesh, has finally decided to go public with the script that he has been working on for some years now. Reportedly, the actor, who has recently finalised the romantic thriller, titled Paidaar, has asked the director of Superstar, Rohit Jugraj, to direct the film, which goes on floors in December.
A source informed that Neil and Rohit hit it off during the shooting of Abbas-Mustan’s Players, which was scripted by Rohit. “That’s when Neil told Rohit about his dream project Paidaar. Apparently, Rohit also helped Neil with the final shape of the screenplay,” said the source.
With the news of Neil’s latest endeavour doing the rounds, the industry is abuzz with speculations about the likely cast of the film. And reportedly, the actor’s rumoured ex-flame Deepika Padukone is a strong contender for the female lead.
As for Neil, he has decided to don the role of music composer as well. And we hear that the actor and his reputed singer father, Nitin Mukesh will sing one of Mukesh’s classic evergreens. The source added that besides composing the music, the father and son are likely to also produce the film.
When contacted, Nitin confirmed, “Well, yes it’s true. But I can’t reveal details. I’ve been working on this script quietly for years now. I was wondering who would direct it for me. Then, when I got to know Rohit Jugraj, I knew I had found the director capable of doing justice to my dream More >
Imran Khan riding high on his Delhi Belly success, dabbles with direction in his forthcoming YRF film Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 12, 2011)
Imran Khan seems to have inherited more than his good looks and acting capabilities from mamujaan Aamir Khan. The Delhi Belly actor has now moved behind the camera. And surprisingly come out successful.
The actor who had to play a cameraman in a song for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan ended up directing most of the song over four days.
A source told Mumbai Mirror, “Imran was given a HD 5 camera to play around with in the song. He was supposed to shoot Katrina from the audience. While the main camera captured all of it from a long shot. However, on the edit table, the filmmakers realised that Imran’s footage was really good. And so they retained most of it in the final edit. in fact, the remaining three days of the shoot was directed by Imran himself.”
Interestingly, rumours about Imran’s contemporary Ranbir Kapoor turning to direction had been doing the rounds for a while now. Looks like, the former actor has just beaten him to it.
The song was shot for four full days at the Agra fort. While Imran had no plans to move behind the camera so early in his career, the actor who had been following his mamujaan Aamir’s footsteps since his first silver screen appearance as the young Raj in Aamir’s debut film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak seems to have taken a cue from the elder Khan’s directorial ventures. The actor had More >
The filmmaker suffered a stroke at the directors’ association meeting and was rushed to the Ambani Hospital
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 12, 2011)
The vice president of the federation of the industry and renowned filmmaker, B R Ishara, suffered a major paralytic attack during a directors’ association meeting in Andheri, on Thursday.
The filmmaker, who suffered a stroke on his left side, was immediately rushed to the Ambani Hospital by fellow members Ashoke Pandit, Sudhakar Sharma and Vinta Nanda.
When contacted, his wife Rehana Sultan said, “We are in the hospital now and the doctors are doing some tests on him. I will be able to tell you the exact situation only after some time. We can just hope for the best, but at the moment I can’t say anything.”
Ashoke Pandit told Mumbai Mirror, “We are concerned about him as he is a senior member of the industry and we want to be with him in his hour of crisis. We were at the Andheri office of our association, when this unfortunate incident happened.”
Fellow member, Vinta Nanda gave us an account of the unfortunate incident. She explained, “He was completely fine, when we started the meeting and we were having various discussions on various issues in the industry. Suddenly, he felt that he needed to have some sugar and after having two spoons as well, he was not looking fine.
I was sitting with K D Shorey. Both of us felt that Ishara was not fine, but before we could react, he collapsed. He was then taken to the hospital More >
Jacqueline, riding high on her Murder 2 success, ditches her friend and director of Jaane Kahaan Se Aayi Hai Milap Zaveri
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 12, 2011)
In Bollywood, you are only as good as your last release. And it seems that Jacqueline Fernandez is reveling in her recent fame from the blockbuster success, Murder 2. Considering that the actress has a grand total of three projects to her filmography and only one out of the three receiving a positive reception, her excitement is obvious.
However, fame has found yet another victim in the Sri Lankan actress. Last week, the actress, high on success, turned down her second break in Bollywood offered to her by Milap Zaveri for his film Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai.
A source revealed, “Jacqueline walked out of the film after Murder 2 hit the theatres and became a hit. She feels that she is in bigger league now.”
Zaveri, who was rather taken-aback by Jacqueline’s rejection of the role, is back to square one scouting for a female lead for his comedy-packed film, starring Ritesh Deshmukh and Jackky Bhagnani.
“Milap is naturally upset. But he can do little about it. Actually, Ritesh and Jackky are also surprised by Jacqueline’s decision,” added the source.
When contacted, Zaveri told Mumbai Mirror, “Yes, I was supposed to do a film with her but that film is not happening now. As for the Ritesh-Jackyy starrer, I had not finalised Jacqueline. The heroine’s role in that film is far different from Jacqueline’s image, More >