Posts tagged 70 days
Mrigank Dhaniwala (April 22, 2011)
1. Abhishek Bachchan’s Name Change Vishnu Kamat, Abhishek Bachchan’s character in Dum Maaro Dum, was initially called Nishikant Kamat after the name of the Bollywood director who had helmed Mumbai Meri Jaan. Nishikant (the director) is a fast friend of the film’s scriptwriter, Shridhar Raghavan, and director, Rohan Sippy.
2. ‘Subah Ko Kar Salaam’ To ‘Dum Maaro Dum’ Dum Maaro Dum was earlier titled Subah Ko Kar Salaam. The original title, given by Shridhar Raghavan, the scriptwriter of the film, is drawn from the lyrics of an old TV serial, Subah, that was broadcast on Doordarshan.
3. Prateik’s Voice Modulation Prateik, who essays the role of a young college boy in Dum Maaro Dum, played with his voice to suit the character. Whereas in real life, Prateik has a normal voice, he tweaked it to make it sound squeaky, just like a teenager’s voice.
4. 70 Days The shooting of Dum Maaro Dum was wrapped up in 70 days, mostly in Goa.
5. Budget Rs. 24 crore (Rs. 240 million) was spent on the production of Dum Maaro Dum.
6. Smoking Is Injurious To Health… Bipasha’s Health For Sure Bipasha Basu, who is a non-smoker, tried to learn how to smoke for a scene in the film. But when Rohan Sippy found out that Bipasha was not comfortable smoking, he promptly dropped the scene.
7. Abhishek’s Choice Abhishek Bachchan was first approached to play the role of Joki in Dum Maaro Dum. However, on reading the script, Abhishek told director Rohan Sippy that he More >
By Joginder Tuteja, September 16, 2010 – 12:25 IST
Believe it or Not?
Farah Khan, who has been known for taking her own sweet time to shoot for her films, has wrapped up the principal shoot of her upcoming film Tees Maar Khan in a mere 52 days. In fact only the much awaited ‘qawalli’ featuring Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif is remaining to be shot, plans for which have already been base lined.
Says Farah, “I have to give it to Akshay for making it all possible. Trust me, if not for him, it would have been impossible for me to finish the film so fast. Tees Maar Khan is quite huge in scale and is a major film by all means. Films like these take time to shoot because of so much action and songs involved. Still, it is due to fast working style of Akshay that ensured that Tees Maar Khan was finished so soon.”
Change of plan
In fact the story goes that original plan that was chalked down by Farah required at least 100 days. Past experience meant that Farah was conscious about the timeline for Tees Maar Khan as well. When she informed Akshay about her plan and asked for at least a 70 days commitment from him, he just laughed it all away.
“He asked me ki kya maine usse do movies ki shooting karwani hai”, Farah smiles, “When I told him that I take time to make my films, he assured me that it won’t be the case this time around. I was still nervous but looking at him work so fast in the first couple of days, I knew that I as well as my entire crew had to More >