Posts tagged 332 mumbai to india
- By Taran Adarsh, December 17, 2010 – 17:52 IST
The new releases – MIRCH, KAALO, 332 – MUMBAI TO INDIA and PAYBACK – have started on a dull note. The morning and noon shows were way below the mark. However, last week’s BAND BAAJA BAARAAT seems to be the first choice this weekend, since its [second] Friday numbers were better than the new releases at several centres.
By Taran Adarsh, December 17, 2010 – 12:00 IST
More and more film-makers are borrowing stories from real life. Giving shape to stories or incidents they believe in. Stories that provoke thinking and divert your attention towards issues that we otherwise brush aside. Director Mahesh Pandey’s 332 – MUMBAI TO INDIA attempts to chronicle an incident that occurred almost two years ago in Mumbai.
But let me clarify at the outset that 332 – MUMBAI TO INDIA is not a documentary on Rahul Raj, as is widely understood, but tries to portray the incident and its repercussions [from the director's point of view]. In fact, the director has clubbed yet another incident to the main story, which is not connected to the bus hijack episode even remotely – 26/11.BY BOLLYWOOD HUNGAMA.COM
Though interesting in parts, 332 – MUMBAI TO INDIA left me with mixed feelings at the end of the screening. Ideally, the film should’ve been a hard-hitting drama or a pragmatic interpretation of an occurrence, but what comes across on screen, in the final tally, is a tame experience. It is provoking intermittently; it kept me hooked in parts, not in its entirety. The film ends on a positive note, but the question that crossed my mind was, does it offer any answer or solution to the very issue that it raised in the film? The question that crossed my mind was, will it change the perception and thought processes of those from Bihar as well as from Maharashtra towards each other? Most More >
The film was based on Rahul Raj, who had come to Mumbai to kill Raj Thackeray
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; December 09, 2010)
Producer Sangeeth Sivan’s 332 Mumbai To India is based on the encounter killing of Rahul Raj two years ago. Incensed by the allegedly xenophobic policies of the MNS, Rahul Raj had come to Mumbai to kill Raj Thackeray.
Sivan was called at the MNS office on Wednesday afternoon and threatened that he will have to show the film to them before the release.Deepak Turbhekar
Our source said, “This is Sangeeth’s first film as a producer. Earlier Rahul Raj’s father was upset with Sangeeth for the portrayal of his son. Now the MNS is after him, threatening that he has to show the film or he will face dire consequences.
Sangeeth went to their Mahim office with his director Mahesh Pande. He had no option but to agree to their demands. A special screening will soon be arranged for the MNS so that they can clear the film.”
When contacted Sangeeth Sivan refused to comment on this issue.
Director Mahesh Pande promised to call us back but after that did not take our calls. At a special screening, folks?
Angry at the way his son was portrayed in Sangeeth Sivan’s 332 Mumbai To India, Kundan Raj stormed out of its screening
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRRROR; October 28, 2010)
On Tuesday, producer Sangeeth Sivan and his crew went to Patna and organised a screening of their film 332 Mumbai To India for Rahul Raj’s father. But Sivan hadn’t expected what followed.
The father Kundan Raj was very angry after watching the film and he stormed out of the venue threatening the makers that he will not allow the film to be released.
Our source said, “Sivan and director Mahesh Pande wanted to show the film to Rahul Raj’s father so that he could support the film. But Kundan Raj went against them. He was not happy with the way his son was portrayed in the film. So he walked out of the venue.”Sangeeth Sivan
When contacted, Sivan said, “I think he is talking like a father, who is not happy at the slightest deviation from who he thought his son was. The fact is that he had held 13 people hostage in that bus for a brief period of time and that too with a country-made gun, which could only fire one bullet.
So, I presume that Raj must have done something that scared these 13 people for a while. This is what I have shown in the film. I was not in that bus, so I have taken the cinematic liberty to show that.
I never said that my film is a documentary on Rahul Raj, so Kundan Raj has the right to think what he thinks. He said that he was sure there was no one on the More >
The producer had to do away with controversial names and phrases from 332 Mumbai To India, based on the Rahul Raj BEST bus encounter
Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 01, 2010)
Sangeeth Sivan’s decision to turn producer with his so-called “realistic” film on the October 2008 Rahul Raj BEST bus encounter, did not go down well with the Censor Board. Sivan’s film 332 Mumbai To India, directed by Mahesh Pande has undergone several editing sessions since members of the Censor Board watched it.
Our source said, “It took over a month for Sivan to get his censor certificate. There were as many as 20 dialogue cuts in the film and although Sivan and his director Mahesh Pande fought hard for every cut, they finally had no option but to beep or mute the names of many prominent people in the film.
These included references to prominent people like Amitabh Bachchan, Ambani’s, MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar and Raj Thackeray.”Sangeeth Sivan
Though the above-mentioned names were deleted Sivan and Pande apparently fought hard to retain the names of Dhoni and Tendular. The producer-director duo opted to mute Thackeray’s name but they could not prevent the other cuts from happening.
The chopping has upset Sivan tremendously. Especially, when he was asked to cut out words like ‘bhaiya’ and ‘Marathi’, Sivan feels that the essence of the film is now lost.”
When contacted, a distraught Sivan lamented, “I only feel that there should be a particular More >