Talaash not inspired by Act Of Providence-Reema Kagti
Shakti Shetty (MID-DAY; November 2, 2012)
Though her second film Talaash is scheduled to release later this month — after much delay — Reema Kagti finished working on it just two days ago. And the director makes it very clear that the repetitive postponements didn’t bother her because of the complex nature of the film’s story. She also clarifies that her film is in no way inspired by a novella.
Intriguingly, there have been speculations that her upcoming directorial venture, starring Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor, bears strong similarities to the crime thriller Act of Providence written by Joseph Payne Brennan and Donald M Grant.
However, Reema rejects the idea and states, “I have no knowledge of the book nor is my film anyway inspired by it. I guess these theories started floating because the working title of my film was Act of Providence for two years before we switched to Talaash.” She further clarifies that it’s not a suspense thriller, contrary to what has been touted recently.
“It’s a suspense drama. When you have this sort of storyline, the mystery adds to the anticipation and people tend to call it a thriller but in my film, the layers keep changing thus adding to the overall drama.” On the buzz that Aamir changed the climax of the film because he thought the previous one lacked the required punch, Reema says, “ It’s totally false. We went with whatever we had on our final script. There was no tweaking done, whatsoever.”
- I recorded my vocals for Ambarsariya at 3 am-Sona Mahapatra
- Bollywood stars react to Mallika Sherawat’s statements at Cannes
- I have a great desire to have a child with Aamir Khan-Kiran Rao
- Zoya Akhtar unwilling to wait for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Reema Kagti & Zoya Akhtar: Our ladies of good counsel
- Lata Mangeshkar congratulates Kareena after watching Talaash on TV
- Actors, filmmakers talk about prostitute phenomenon in Bollywood
- Aamir Khan prodcutions rejects 200 scripts in a year?
- Katrina Kaif zooms ahead of arch rival Kareena Kapoor
- Check out Stevel Spielberg in conversation with Amitabh Bachchan