Gangstam Style star PSY to visit Mumbai in Jan
Piyali Dasgupta (BOMBAY TIMES; November 2, 2012)
PSY, the Gangnam Style star, is headed to Mumbai. The Korean singing sensation will perform at the opening ceremony of the Indian Badminton League (IBL) in January 2013. He is one of the most well-known South Korean icons today, and it helps, because badminton is dominated by South and South-East Asian countries.
The IBL, scheduled for January 2013 in six cities, will have $1 million (Rs. 5.3 crore approx) as prize money, the highest for any badminton tournament in the world. It will have 72 players, including at least 24 top class players from other countries. Said a source, “It will be termed as the ‘Shuttle Express’ that will move from one city to another.
Palash Sen and Rabbi Shergill have also been tentatively roped in to compose an anthem for the IBL. Neha Bhasin, member of the girl group Viva, will also perform.
- Check out Jackky Bhagnani doing a Gangnam Style for Rangrezz
- Gangnam Style’s PSY to play Prabhu Dheva’s role in ABCD’s Korean remake
- Tamannaah grooves to Gangnam style in Himmatwala
- Vashu Bhagnani buys Gangnam rights for Jackky?
- No one charges Indian pilgrims a penny in Pak-Abida Parveen
- Satyamev Chorus is ours-Euphoria
- Neha Bhasin to make her acting debut