Anil Sharma’s brother to remake Shradhanjali
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; November 2, 2012)
Now that remakes in the industry have become more than just a passing fad, here comes news that yet another Bollywood film is to be remade. Anil Sharma, who made his directorial debut with the ’ 80s Shradhanjali is all set to produce the remake, while his brother Kapil will be helming the project.
A source informs, “The original is said to be Rakhee Gulzar’s best performance till date. Shradhanjali managed to get only one matinee show in its first week in Mumbai. But by the time it was in its seventh week it was running in 15 cinemas. Finally, it ran up to 50 weeks. It will be the first female- oriented film from the ’ 80s to be remade.” Now which actress from the current crop will get to step into Rakhee’s shoes remains to be seen.
Kapil Sharma confirms the news and adds, “ I have just finished drafting the script and there are a couple of names that I have in my mind. I will be making an announcement soon.”
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- How govt officials, BMC employees create nuisance during film shoots
- Rakhi Sawant wants to go to jail on Sanjay Dutt’s behalf
- The Indian man hasn’t kept pace with Indian woman-Kapil Sharma
- Sonu Nigam turns music director for Singh Saheb The Great
- John was not informed of slap scene in I Me Aur Main
- Kabir Khan persuades Mini Mathur to take up I Me Aur Main?
- Prachi Desai took tips from Farhan Akhtar’s wife to play hairstylist
- After not paid in advance, Sherlyn walks out of Anil Sharma’s film?
- Prachi seeks inspiration from Beyonce-Katy for I Me Aur Main