Priyanka Chopra refuses to accept money for Deewana Main Deewana
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 30, 2012)
Generosity isn’t one of the traits you’d normally associate with a majority of stars.
Hence it came as a pleasant surprise to know that Priyanka Chopra not only desisted from asking a cash-strapped producer for money, she actually refused to accept the money when it was paid to her.
Mirror has learnt that KC Bokadia, who has been struggling with the release of his long-delayed film Deewana Main Deewana starring Priyanka and Govinda, managed to send his leading lady a cheque for Rs 18 lakh that he owed her. However, the actress graciously returned the cheque to him.
Lavishing praise on Priyanka, Bokadia said, “I couldn’t believe my eyes when the cheque was returned to me. I had sent Priyanka a cheque for Rs 18 lakh which I owed her. She refused to take it saying, ‘Bokadia Saab, I can’t take money from you’. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. Times have changed. Emotions have no place in filmmaking today. And yet, Priyanka, in spite of being one of the busiest stars today, has gone out of her way to complete my film.”
Apparently, that’s not all. Priyanka gave the producer-director extra dates for him to re-shoot the film. “In spite of being so busy, Priyanka gave me seven days of her time to re-shoot. Without her co-operation, I wouldn’t have been able to complete the film. She is my only USP. I am now ready to release my film on November 23,” he said.
This isn’t the first time Bokadia has been at the receiving end of star generosity. Earlier, it was Shah Rukh Khan who went out of his way to accomodate Bokadia. Recalled the producer, “During the making of Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam, Shah Rukh let go of Rs 95 lakh of his payment because of my financial condition. When I insisted he take the money, he argued, ‘Arrey Bokadia Saab, I can make that kind of money in one evening by dancing at a function. Right now you need the money to complete your film’. After Shah Rukh, I’ve seen the same kind of generosity in Priyanka.”
- Salman Khan’s voice SP Balasubramaniam now belongs to Shah Rukh
- Will Priyanka be able to pack in a punch like Hilary Swank with Mary Kom biopic?
- Priyanka Chopra visits Vaishno Devi temple
- I find Sunny Deol’s shyness cute-Kristina Akheeva
- Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguard hired for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Why Sanjay Leela Bhansali is being cautious with Mary Kom biopic
- After two big cats, Priyanka Chopra adopts a lion cub
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- No Baazigar sequel without Shah Rukh Khan-Ratan Jain
- CBFC students to now have a chapter on Priyanka Chopra