SOTY collects 45 crs in 8 days; OMG 78 crs in 4 weeks
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
STUDENT OF THE YEAR has done fabulous in the first week with collections around 43 crore nett. Breakup:
Friday 7.50 crore
Saturday 8.50 crore
Sunday 9.25 crore
Monday 4.50 crore
Tuesday 3.75 crore
Wednesday 6.25 crore
Thursday 3.25 crore
The film did not open too strongly but collections were good over the weekdays, with collections on Dusshera (Wednesday) proving to be an icing on the cake. The collections on day 8 were also pretty good (2 crore) and with new releases faring poorly it will dominate the box office till Diwali.
It is possible for the film to come out with a 10 crore nett weekend which would be 60% less than the first weekend but it will depend on the Saturday jump.
The eight day collections are around 43 crore nett and if it can get a 10 crore nett second weekend then it should go and do lifetime business close to 65 crore nett range.
ENGLISH VINGLISH netted 3.6 crore in third week, taking the 21-day collection 36 crore nett. ABOVE AVERAGE.
OMG OH MY GOD has grossed 78.50 crore nett in four weeks as it added another 5.50 crore nett approx in week four. The film should cross 80 crore nett by the end of its fifth week. SUPER HIT.
- English Vinglish becomes second highest grosser in Hong Kong after 3 Idiots
- With multiple tie-ups & films, Brand Akshay is one to reckon with
- 1920-Evil Returns 18 cr in Week 1; Skyfall 28.50 cr
- 1920 collects 11.50 crs in 3 days; Luv Shuv… 5.75 crs
- Chakravyuh-Rush-AGL flop; SOTY hit; OMG crosses 80 crs
- Chakravyuh-Rush-AGL poor; SOTY 51 cr in 10 days
- Brand Karan Johar: A winning formula?
- Student Of The Year collects 29.50 crs in 4 days
- KJo shows the power of a star director in SOTY
- Aiyyaa disaster; English Vinglish Hit; OMG Super Hit