Show must go on: Work as usual at Yash Raj Films
Despite the untimely demise of Yash Chopra, his production house did not halt the shooting of their ongoing project ‘Aurangzeb’ starring Arjun Kapoor
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; October 26, 2012)
Staying true to the adage Life goes on Yash Raj Films did not cancel the shoot of their ongoing film, even after the untimely demise of the legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra. Chopra’s death on Sunday sent shock waves through the industry, as a result of which several parties and events stood cancelled to honour the great auteur.
However, in the true spirit of the late filmmaker, his own production house carried on with the shooting of their upcoming film Aurangzeb starring Arjun Kapoor. A source informed, “The unit was shocked at the death of Chopra while they were shooting in Delhi. However, they were informed by the banner to continue with their work as the filmmaker would want the show to go on.”
The official spokesperson of the studio says, “Yash Chopra would have wanted it that way and so keeping in with his work ethics, the shooting schedule was not cancelled. However, the unit took a short break to pay their respects to Yashji.”
Some no shows…
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor cut short their wedding celebrations at Delhi to come and meet the bereaved Chopra family.
Hrithik Roshan cancelled his shoot in Jordan and returned to Mumbai.
Subhash Ghai cancelled his annual party on October 24 to pay respect to Yash Chopra.
Mukesh Bhatt cancelled the shoot of his upcoming film.
- Gunday meets Rambo Rajkumar in Panchgani
- Bollywood follows Yash Chopra to Kashmir
- Pretty Young Things from Pakistan not in demand in Bollywood?
- How the Guide songs helped the film find a distributor
- Sushant Singh’s dreams of working in YRF venture shattered
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 256
- How come me & Sasheh were not linked?-Arjun Kapoor
- I still get angry even today-Sunny Deol
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- Aurangzeb’s story irks Delhi based construction company