Salman Khan backs Ajay Devgn’s Son of Sardaar
Sallu tweets in open support of buddy Ajay’s Diwali release scheduled to coincide with rival Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Tak Hain Jaan’
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; October 26, 2012)
As Diwali approaches, the release date for two of the biggest films of this year is inching closer. And the unfortunate demise of legendary director Yash Chopra before the release of his last directorial Jab Tak Hai Jaan makes the situation all the more interesting.
While the box office collision is being viewed as the clash of titans SRK and Ajay Devgn the latter has now found support in another superstar and SRK’s archrival Salman Khan.
Salman incidentally has also done the Po Po track for Ajay’s film Son of Sardaar. A couple of days back Sallu openly took a dig at SRK through his micro blogging site.
Our source says, “The tweet is clearly a dig at SRK. Salman is referring to himself as the Pathan and Ajay is his friend. He is obviously promoting Ajay’s Diwali blockbuster ahead of Yash Chopra’s romantic film which incidentally stars his nemesis SRK.”
The source adds, “While one thought that Salman would not side with anyone given his equation with the film’s leading lady Katrina Kaif and his newfound equation with the YRF banner, Sallu being Sallu has gone ahead and expressed support for his friend Ajay in this much talked about clash.” The situation only seems to get more interesting by the day!
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- No Baazigar sequel without Shah Rukh Khan-Ratan Jain
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Ajay Devgn, Kajol planning to buy house in London?
- Sonakshi Sinha-Yaami Gautam in Ajay Devgn-Prabhu Dheva flick?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Ajay Devgn allows decade-old film Naam with his debut producer to release
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?