Salman Khan backs Ajay Devgn’s Son of Sardaar
Sallu tweets in open support of buddy Ajay’s Diwali release scheduled to coincide with rival Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Tak Hain Jaan’
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; October 26, 2012)
As Diwali approaches, the release date for two of the biggest films of this year is inching closer. And the unfortunate demise of legendary director Yash Chopra before the release of his last directorial Jab Tak Hai Jaan makes the situation all the more interesting.
While the box office collision is being viewed as the clash of titans SRK and Ajay Devgn the latter has now found support in another superstar and SRK’s archrival Salman Khan.
Salman incidentally has also done the Po Po track for Ajay’s film Son of Sardaar. A couple of days back Sallu openly took a dig at SRK through his micro blogging site.
Our source says, “The tweet is clearly a dig at SRK. Salman is referring to himself as the Pathan and Ajay is his friend. He is obviously promoting Ajay’s Diwali blockbuster ahead of Yash Chopra’s romantic film which incidentally stars his nemesis SRK.”
The source adds, “While one thought that Salman would not side with anyone given his equation with the film’s leading lady Katrina Kaif and his newfound equation with the YRF banner, Sallu being Sallu has gone ahead and expressed support for his friend Ajay in this much talked about clash.” The situation only seems to get more interesting by the day!
- Tough luck: You can’t hug Shah Rukh Khan?
- No admission in Krrish VFX editing room without Hrithik’s permission?
- Shah Rukh Khan shoots music video for Shekhar Ravjiani’s Marathi single
- Bhansali bags remake rights of Kanchana that Salman was planning to buy?
- Sana Khan gets bail, starts shooting; recounts her ordeal
- SRK leaves media interaction midway to spend an hour with Suhana?
- Kick to go on floors in London by year end
- Abhinav Kashyap moves on to Shah Rukh Khan?
- Salman Khan to start work on Sooraj Barjatya’s film from October?
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai: End of a don, and then, a new dawn