Subhash Ghai cancels party for Yash Chopra
Hiren Kotwani (BOMBAY TIMES; October 24, 2012)
Following the unfortunate demise of Yash Chopra, Subhash Ghai has called off the 34th anniversary celebrations of his company. Calling Chopra his elder brother, Ghai says, “Yashji has always supported my ventures and been my guiding force. He would attend all my events, from the biggest to the smallest. So the memories of my company’s 34 years are associated with Yashji. He was the first person to call me after the court verdict on my film institute and said that if I needed any help, I shouldn’t hesitate to ask him.” However, following the popular industry belief that the show must go on, Ghai will soon launch three films. Apart from his own directorial venture Kaanchi (featuring Rishi Kapoor as the villain), the filmmaker is also producing Ishq De Maare with the three Deols — Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol — and director Sangeeth Sivan’s sequel to Apna Sapna Money Money.
- Sunny lets go of Eid release to avoid clash with Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar?
- Ranbir Kapoor in Awara remake?
- Bollywood follows Yash Chopra to Kashmir
- I wanted to get married to him-Neha Sharma
- Subhash Ghai ventures into fashion
- Told my son that you don’t need six pack to become an actor-Sunny Deol
- I was never taken seriously as an actor-Rishi Kapoor
- How the Guide songs helped the film find a distributor
- Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me-Ameesha Patel
- I still get angry even today-Sunny Deol