Sharmila Tagore to get Rajya Sabha seat?
Meena Iyer (BOMBAY TIMES; October 21, 2012)
The buzz from New Delhi says that Bollywood film actor and the ex-Censor Board chief Sharmila Tagore could be nominated to the Rajya Sabha on a Congress seat. Sharmila hosted a Daawat-e-Walima for her son Saif Ali Khan and his bride Kareena Kapoor on October 18 at 31, Aurangzeb Road in the capital.
Several heavy-duty politicians including the Chief Minister of New Delhi, Sheila Dixit and the Gandhi scion, Rahul came to wish the newlyweds. Sharmila and her late husband, the former cricket captain of India, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi are Congress loyalists and they have been be active in the corridors of power, so the rumour of Sharmila being looked at as a possible RS candidate cannot be completely ruled out says a reliable source. When asked for her comment on this topic, Sharmila replied, “I have no idea.”
- Actors, filmmakers talk about prostitute phenomenon in Bollywood
- Sharmila Tagore’s royal plans to marry cinema with polo
- We have changed, so should our films-Javed Akhtar
- Vishwaroopam to be released in TN on February 7
- Nagma miffed after losing award of a lifetime to Sharmila Tagore
- Being a bachelor is fine till a certain age-Saif Ali Khan
- Thrilled with the book on my dad-Soha Ali Khan
- O Fish! Kareena Kapoor is no longer a vegetarian?
- Sharmila Tagore expects Soha to become lawyer someday
- After celeb couples it’s mother-daughter jodis in ads