Sanjay Dutt gets an FX tummy tuck in Zila Ghaziabad?
Actor convinces director to digitally tighten his paunch in Zila Ghaziabad, after seeing footage of the film
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 19, 2012)
It was only recently that Sanjay Dutt returned from London several kilos lighter and minus those tell-tale eyebags. Prior to this look-changing trip, the actor was spotted not exactly in the best of shape. Last week, while dubbing for his latest film Zila Ghaziabad, he saw the old footage and that proved to be more of a rude reminder.
His potbelly was hanging off the belt that he was made to sport as part of the police uniform. Uncomfortable by what he saw, Dutt initially suggest that the makers re-shoot the unflattering scenes. But since that would have sent the budget off-track, the actor suggested the makers to digitally snip his tummy, using special effects.
A source close to Mirror that while it was okay for Dutt to spot a tummy in a diving suit in Anthony DSouza's Blue, parading a belly as a cop was unacceptable. A reluctant Vinod Bachchan, producer of the film said, "Yes, Sanjay was little overweight when the film was being shot. So we're 'cleaning' those scenes. I am thrilled with his performance. He has played a cop several times. But this one is special. In fact, I plan to introduce a voiceover for his character, Pritam Singh, each time he makes an appearance on screen."
"Lots of actors get their overweight scenes cleaned. Why point a finger at Sanjay?," asks an annoyed Bachchan.
Meanwhile, the head of a production firm, on condition of anonymity, revealed, "These days, stars want to be fitter than they already are. Kareena Kapoor's curves were accentuated in Heroine. Dutt's weight will be reduced in Zila Ghaziabad. Jackie Shroff, I also hear, is being 'spruced up' for his forthcoming films. Why just the flabby stars? Even a fit John Abraham's beach scene in Dostana was doctored for drool-worth."
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257
- Journalist assaulted during Sanjay Dutt’s journey to TADA court?
- Hrithik Roshan does a no-show for Sanjay Dutt?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Abhishek Bachchan’s car runs over lensman’s leg outside Sanjay Dutt’s house
- Day before jail: Sanjay Dutt worried about poor loos, pillows and mosquitos?
- Sanjay Dutt breaks into tears at the drop of a hat?
- Sanjay Gupta on shooting Kaante in a ‘hellish’ LA hotel
- Sanjay Dutt hurt by Aamir Khan’s statement about P.K.?