Raveena Tandon’s son to meet Vishwanathan Anand
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 19, 2012)
Raveena Tandon’s five-year-old son, a chess champ in the making, will soon come face-to-face with the big daddy of the game, Vishwanathan Anand.
Ranbirvardhan, who has already done his mom proud by winning several school-level tournaments, is now all set to compete with far older chess enthusiasts at the National School Chess Championship being hosted by the Delhi Chess Association on October 26. He will be the youngest chess player at the tournament. Incidentally, October26 happens to be Raveena’s birthday. Said the actress to Mirror, “I’ll be in Delhi with my son and I can’t think of a better way to spend my special day. I don’t know where he got the knack for chess. No one in my family or my husband Anil’s family plays chess. Ranbir has acquired a passion for the game on his own. He plays brilliantly and we see a bright future for him as a professional.”
Raveena knows Vishwanathan and his wife very well but has been cautious about introducing her son to him so far. “I didn’t want it to happen too soon for Ranbirvardhan. All in good time,” she said.
Raveena began dating film distributor Anil Thadani during the making of her film Stumped in 2003. They got engaged in November that year. The couple tied the knot on February 22, 2004 in Jag Mandir Palace in Udaipur in Rajasthan in the Punjabi tradition. Their daughter Rasha was born in 2005 while they got their second child Ranbir in 2007.
- Adults turns children during 5th bday bash of Farah’s triplets
- Film fraternity sings for the girl child
- ‘Ms Jinxed’ label was gone thanks to Dilwale-Raveena Tandon
- Raveena cancels prior engagements to meet the Dalai Lama
- Rekha to be seen in Imtiaz Ali’s chocolate ad
- Bold roles, last ditch attempt of single actresses?
- Raveena gets nominated for the Best Actress award
- Aren’t there gays in the industry?-Madhur Bhandarkar
- Raveena Tandon goes on a manhunt
- Madhuri Dixit makes heavy changes in Gulab Gang script?