Dhanush will play Mountain Man
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 19, 2012)
This Tamil actor seems to be stuck with North Indian characters. Dhanush, who plays a lover boy from Uttar Pradesh in his first Hindi film Raanjhnaa, will now also portray the character of Dashrath Manjhi in the biopic to be directed by Manish Jha and produced by Sanjay Singh. Incidentally, Dhanush replaces Manoj Bajpayee who was initially being considered to play Manjhi also called the Mountain Man because of his feat of single-handedly carving a 360-foot-long, 25-foot-high and 30-foot-wide road through a mountain in Gahlour village in Bihar.
Asked why Dhanush scored over Manoj, Singh said, “Manoj was being considered. But he’s slightly too old to play the role. Dhanush is the right age and physically perfect for the part. He will have no problem mastering the nuances.” Dhanush will now have to undertake extensive on-location preparation to get a hang of Manjhi’s character.
- I can’t handle screaming and shouting-Sonam Kapoor
- I call my dad Bappuji as he likes Mahatma Gandhi-Shruti Haasan
- Dhanush all set to launch his music label
- Raanjhanaa: A film that comes straight from the heart
- Sonam-Dhanush’s Raanjhanaa promo sparks off the buzz
- Must have been difficult for Sonam Kapoor to act with me-Dhanush
- I have more women fans than men-Tamannaah Bhatia
- Dhanush and Raanjhnaa director bond over food
- Why the localts of Benares bylane cheered, clapped for Dhanush
- Tigmanshu Dhulia returns to acting with Mountain Man