Arjun, Arshad are much younger at heart-Jackky Bhagnani
Jackky Bhagnani talks about the camaraderie he shares with the co-stars of his next film
Seema Sinha (BOMBAY TIMES; October 19, 2012)
Jackky Bhagnani, who will be seen with Arjun Rampal and Arshad Warsi in the forthcoming film Ajab Gazabb Love, says he shares a special camaraderie with both the actors, with whom he has worked in earlier films too. “I won’t suddenly put my arm around Arjun and Arshad and say ‘wassup’? I respect them, yet they great pals of mine. They are the real rockstars and much younger at heart,” he says.
Arjun had played the lead in Jackky’s dad Vashu Bhagnani’s Deewanapan (2001), a film on which Jackky had assisted. Since then, the two share a special bond. Says Arjun, “I had seen Jackky when he weighed 140 kilos. He was shy and conscious, and I’d often tell him to lose weight. When I met him again after a year, I was surprised to see a changed person. He had shed 50 kilos and had transformed into a confident young man.”
Adds Jackky, “We drive people crazy with our pranks. Since our off-screen comic timing is so good, it also reflects in the film. I should learn to party like Arjun though.” On Arshad, with whom he has worked in F.A.L.T.U, Jackky says, “I call him Arshad Sir since I’d called him ‘sir’ the first time we’d met. I am stuck with it but we are great buddies. I seek advice from him, and even talk to him if I’m upset about something. He has promised to direct me some day.”
Ajab Gazabb Love, produced by Puja Films, releases October 24.
- Check out Shruti Haasan as a Karachi prostitue in D-Day
- Arjun Rampal ‘robs’ society of their gym; residents upset?
- Check out Ajay-Big B-Kareena-Arjun shooting for Satyagraha in Bhopal
- Hrithik Roshan celebrates son’s birthday in Phuket
- Huma Qureshi, Shruti Haasan have a thing for co-star Irrfan Khan?
- Rangrezz: Jackky Bhagnani’s tale of true friendship
- Rangrezz team visits the Golden Temple
- Arjun Rampal sets up makeshift gym in tent in rural Gujarat
- Jackky Bhagnani successfully helms Rangrezz’ marketing strategy
- Every second person in India is Jolly-Arshad Warsi