Saif-Kareena wedding: Intimate party at Pataudi Palace today?
Far away from the hubbub, a private but significant dinner is being hosted by the Pataudi Palace for Saif Ali Khan’s extended royal family
Asira Tarannum (MID-DAY; October 17, 2012)
While the entire country is going bonkers about the Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor nuptials, our sources close to the royal family say that an intimate but significant event will take place far from the madding crowd today. The newlyweds will travel to the Pataudi Palace to take part in a family dinner that will see 36 handpicked family members attend the celebrations.
The invited guests belong to Saif’s extended family all the way from London, Islamabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Our source says, “The celebration is a close-knit affair as both the families are skeptical because of security reasons which Sharmila Tagore had admitted to, during her visit to Bhopal earlier in August.”
Our source from Pataudi elaborates, “The family has gone all out to impress the Kapoors! The arrangements at the Pataudi House are minimalistic from the outside but the palace is filled with grand masterpieces belonging to the erstwhile rulers of the Bhopal State. Tiger Pataudi’s mother Sajida Sultan was the daughter of the last ruler of Bhopal, Nawab Hamidullah Khan.” The palace is also filled with priceless crockery and artwork by artistes like MF Husain, S G Thakur Singh and the others.
For Kareena everything may be going according to what the couple had planned. However, one bit heirloom that remains elusive to Bebo is the special wedding attire called the Pishwas that belongs to the royal family and is woven out of real gold thread. The Pishwas is a long and flowy ensemble (almost like a gown) accompanied with a churidaar.
The dress was once a part of disputed family heirlooms and currently resides in the house of Saif’s aunt Nilofer. Due to the feud over the property and assets, this traditional wedding ensemble will not be a part of Kareena’s trousseau.
Bhopal’s erstwhile begum, Shahjahan, in the family Pishwas
- Check out Sharmila Tagore, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi during their courtship
- Actors, filmmakers talk about prostitute phenomenon in Bollywood
- Sharmila Tagore’s royal plans to marry cinema with polo
- We have changed, so should our films-Javed Akhtar
- Vishwaroopam to be released in TN on February 7
- Nagma miffed after losing award of a lifetime to Sharmila Tagore
- Being a bachelor is fine till a certain age-Saif Ali Khan
- Thrilled with the book on my dad-Soha Ali Khan
- O Fish! Kareena Kapoor is no longer a vegetarian?
- Sharmila Tagore expects Soha to become lawyer someday