Priyanka to celebrate World Autism Awareness Day
Chaya Unnikrishnan (DNA; October 17, 2012)
December 3 is World Autism Awareness Day and several NGOs have invited Priyanka Chopra, who in her latest film Barfi played an autistic girl, to celebrate the day with them. Priyanka has responded to all those NGOs by requesting them to come together for a combined event. A source close to her confirms, “Yes, it’s true she has been contacted by various NGOs for the cause. She would love to be a part of the celebration but it’s not possible for Priyanka to attend various events simultaneously so she has asked them to come together.”
The last time an actor elicited a similar response was Aamir Khan when his film Taare Zameen Par dealt with the problems faced by a dyslexic child.
Earlier, for her performance in Barfi!, Priyanka had closely studied the behaviour and body language of an autistic child by interacting with autistic kids. The film has been selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars, and recently got a standing ovation when it was screened at the Busan International Film Festival. Priyanka, who was in LA to shoot for a music video, flew to Korea to be a part of the screening.
Priyanka is now gearing up for her next films Krrish 3 and the Zanjeer remake.
- Can’t imaginge anybody better than Nawazuddin to play the lead-Buddhadeb
- Legal repercussions compel Bollywood to stop getting ‘inspired’ from world cinema
- Barfi to be screened at the Shanghai International Film Festival
- When Ranbir Kapoor lost out to Barfi
- What good would Dilip Kumar’s love be without Madhubala?-Priyanka Chopra
- Check out Priyanka Chopra’s hot item song in Zanjeer 2.0
- TV is more difficult than making films-Anurag Basu
- How online advertising-marketing is now intergral to Bollywood
- Ranbir Kapoor is called Pepsi in Besharam?
- How Priyanka Chopra got her groove back