Divya Kumar to shoot on ‘Barfi’ station
Darjeeling’s Ghum railway station that appeared in Anurag Basu’s film will also feature in Divya Kumar’s next
Sonali Joshi Pitale (MID-DAY; October 17, 2012)
For tourists heading to Darjeeling, the Ghum station is a must-visit destination. And after working on Anurag Basu’s Barfi!, scriptwriter Sanjeev Dutta feels that the world famous train station is his lucky mascot. And that is the reason why he convinced director Divya Khosla Kumar to shoot her upcoming film at the Ghum station.
A source says, “Dutta explained to Divya why he loved the spot so much. Divya likes to explore different places so she immediately agreed to go and do a location recce there. She ended up liking the location and is now going to shoot a sequence there.”
Divya is currently in Darjeeling and is busy finishing the pre–production on her film. She says, “My film is set in contemporary times. So even though I am shooting at the same place, my set-up will be completely different.”
- When Ranbir Kapoor lost out to Barfi
- What good would Dilip Kumar’s love be without Madhubala?-Priyanka Chopra
- TV is more difficult than making films-Anurag Basu
- How online advertising-marketing is now intergral to Bollywood
- Ranbir Kapoor is called Pepsi in Besharam?
- How Priyanka Chopra got her groove back
- Young theatre artists are living the big Bollywood dream
- Is National Award giving regional cinema a raw deal?
- Wait longer for Barfi’s world television premiere
- I had the most complicated role in Life of Pi-Irrfan Khan