Shah Rukh Khan in Dhyan Chand biopic?
The makers of a biopic on hockey legend Dhyan Chand have reportedly approached the actor to play the lead
Shakti Shetty (MID-DAY; October 12, 2012)
After gaining acclaim for his portrayal of an inspirational hockey coach in Chak De! India, Shah Rukh Khan has been part of intense speculations surrounding a biopic on hockey legend Dhyan Chand. Turns out that the much-awaited film is ultimately happening and SRK has been approached for the role.
Ila Bedi Dutta, who wrote Karan Johar’s Agneepath, is currently penning the script and plans to complete it before the end of the year. She is also hoping that King Khan gives his nod for the project. “I recently met Shah Rukh to discuss the project. To us, he is the perfect choice for Dhyan Chand. Though we haven’t heard from him yet, we expect him to sign the dotted line,” Ila says.
Produced by Pooja Shetty, the film rights on the legendary hockey player have been bought from Ashok Chand (Dhyan Chand’s son) after much persuasion from Rohit Vaid. Rohit, who is making his directorial debut with this film, adds, “It’s quite obvious that we’ll approach Shah Rukh because of his inclination towards hockey during his early days and of course, his Chak De persona,” says Rohit who went to the same school as SRK.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguard hired for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- No Baazigar sequel without Shah Rukh Khan-Ratan Jain
- Anil Kapoor-Tabu in Tere Bin Laden director’s next?
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- SRK makes Kamal Haasan copy do the Chammak Challo dance step?
- Shoulder injuries plague Aamir and Shah Rukh
- Shah Rukh Khan charges Rs 8 cr for a 30-minute jig in Dubai?
- Race against time: SRK doesn’t let Deepika go for world tour with Ranbir?