Got Shortcut Romeo only because of Neil-Puja Gupta
‘FALTU’ actress gives credit to close friend Neil Nitin Mukesh for helping her bag upcoming film
Sonali Joshi Pitale (MID-DAY; October 12, 2012)
While in Bollywood, credit theft may be rampant, but Puja Gupta has no qualms admitting that it was due to Neil Nitin Mukesh that she earned her next film. The actress, who made her debut in FALTU last year, has been signed for the Hindi remake of South film Thiruttu Payale, Shortcut Romeo, along with Neil.
The actress tells us, “I got this film only because of Neil. He is one of my oldest friends and he recommended my name to the director Susi Ganeshan.” Pooja also states that her upcoming role was a bit tough to play and the actor helped her with the finer nuances of her character.
She says, “I was a bit apprehensive, as I was required to enact many emotional scenes and recite some Urdu dialogues also. Neil is a sweetheart. During our outdoor shoot even though I would feel so sleepy, he would make sure I rehearsed my lines from 6 am to 10 am.”
- Shortcut Romeo inspired by a real-life story
- Shortcut Romeo team rings in Ameesha Patel’s birthday
- Puja skips Shortcut Romeo promotions after being sidelined by Ameesha?
- I can’t stand Neil Nitin Mukesh-Ameesha Patel
- Sachin-Jigar: No ambition in this combination
- Spot the difference in the Shortcut Romeo posters
- Analysis on the usual and ‘extra’ faces on Cannes 2013 red carpet
- Feast your eyes: This may be last time ever you’ll see Puja Gupta in a bikini?
- I have always worked with amateur actors-Puja Gupta
- Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me-Ameesha Patel