Emraan Hashmi-Sagarika Ghatge’s live-in dilemma
Parag Maniar (BOMBAY TIMES; October 12, 2012)
Emraan Hashmi’s upcoming film, Rush, explores the trials and tribulations of live-in relationships. In the film, Emraan, who plays an investigative journalist, lives in with his girlfriend, played by Sagarika Ghatge. Sagarika plays Ahana Sharma, who hails from an affluent family. She is an artist and the plot shows how she has to bear the brunt of Emraan’s demanding profession and its effects on their relationship.
Says Emraan, “Live-in relationships are not taboo any more and the younger generation has accepted it. As for my character Sam, well, he does try to balance his personal and professional life. But he is too ambitious and achieves too much too soon. He ends up paying a price for it.”
“In my interactions with real life crime reporters I learnt that their personal life took a backseat. Also, it is not about meeting deadlines and completing a task in time. As a hardcore crime reporter, you could actually end up losing your life,” he adds. On playing Ahana, Sagarika says, “I stay with my parents so playing a girl who is living in with a journalist boyfriend was a completely different experience for me. I salute all those women whose boyfriends are journalists especially those working as crime reporters in television channels. The profession is highly demanding, keeping one on the edge 24X7 and the girl has to be really strong to cope with her partner’s odd hours of work. I could however, identify playing a girlfriend whom Emraan shares his nice and soft side with.”
Rush, directed by Shamim Desai and produced by Percept Pictures and Showman International, releases October 24.
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Emraan Hashmi-Kunal Deshmukh-UTV team up for an edgy thriller
- I am living the male fantasy-Emraan Hashmi
- Emraan to let go of Bhatt film to accomodate a Balaji film?
- Raj Kumar Gupta convinces Emraan, Vidya to shoot song without cuts?
- Kareena Kapoor excited about her role in Zoya Akhtar’s next?
- Ranbir Kapoor is a star, I am just an actor-Arjun Kapoor
- Kangna Ranaut’s brilliant hat-trick as gangster’s moll
- Emraan wants copies of ads in which he worked as a child
- Sagarika Ghatge sues real estate firm for cashing in on her name