No way I was going to say the F-word – Vidya Balan
Jigar Shah (MID-DAY; October 9, 2012)
After doing some rather gutsy acts in her recent spate of films, it appears that Vidya Balan has decided to take it a little easy. It so happened that at a recent book launch, the actress could not bring herself to mouth ‘f***’ and instead chose to utter ‘beep’ in place of it.
At an event to launch a new book Unhooked by author Munmun Ghosh, Vidya read a few passages from the text aloud for the audience. The audience was left a bit puzzled when the actress said ‘beep’ in between the reading.
Later, Vidya turned to the author saying, “There was no way I was going to say those words!” The author later told us, “Each individual has his set of rules for himself. Vidya stood by her rules.” Hmmm.
- Siddharth to join Vidya after Cannes Film Fest for a French tour
- Chiranjeevi’s wish to meet Vidya Balan fulfilled at the Cannes
- Vidya loves her scripts more than her clothes-Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- Bollywood beauties on Day 1 of 66th Cannes Film Festival
- I would have Amitabh Bachchan play any role-Baz Luhrmann
- There is something for every cinephile at 66th Cannes Film Festival
- Vidya Balan to wear blue at Cannes which she just hates
- I am living the male fantasy-Emraan Hashmi
- Raj Kumar Gupta convinces Emraan, Vidya to shoot song without cuts?
- Vidya Balan to fly from Melbourne to Cannes next week