Check out Tusshar’s 70s look in Shootout At Wadala
Chaya Unnikrishnan (DNA; October 9, 2012)
DNA Research N Archives
Tusshar Kapoor who has finished most of the shoot of his forthcoming film Shootout At Wadala with only a few songs left to be picturised has apparently worked hard to get into the skin of his gangster role. Since the film is based in the period between 1972-81, director Sanjay Gupta wanted Tusshar to sport a different hairstyle. “I decided to grow my hair and sport long hair just like my dad (Jeetendra), Amitabh Bachchan and Vinod Khanna did in those days. I went through all their pictures and only then chose my look,” says Tusshar who plays Sheikh Munir in the film.
Since not much information is available on the real life character, Tusshar visited Dongri, the place he hails from. “I spoke to several senior people from that area to understand Sheikh and also picked up the kind of lingo he used,” reveals Tusshar who has bulked up a little for the role. He will also be donning a tougher look as compared to his outing in the first Shootout... in which he played a boy in his 20s. “In this film my character follows a graph of 10 years and the look is much more rugged,” he informs.
Currently, the actor is reading several scripts to decide on his next film. When asked if he will start shooting for the triquel of Kya Super Kool Hai Hum, he informs that it will start next year. “There will also be another Shootout..,” he reveals. The first one was Shootout at Lokhandwala and the one releasing soon will be a prequel to that.
- To meet Hrithik at home, I have to make an appointment-Rakesh Roshan
- Ekta Kapoor matches steps with Karan Johar at her party
- Tusshar Kapoor was to debut with Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- I will never produce a Housefull 2 or Race 2-John Abraham
- For ‘stars’, the only pressure is of the Friday-Manoj Bajpayee
- The Censor Board’s guidelines for gaalis in movies
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?