Preity Zinta’s snowy woes
Sayantan Dalal (DNA; October 7, 2012)
There were rumours about production problems, when actor-producer Preity Zinta had initially postponed her maiden production venture Ishkq In Paris. But it seems the delay was caused by nothing more than Europe’s unpredictable weather. Preity revealed how they had to literally struggle with snowy and extremely cold weather.
A source informs, “The whole crew was excited to shoot a portion of the film in the Alps. But as luck would have it, due to heavy snowfall the train that they were travelling in, broke down in the middle of nowhere. The weather was extremely bad and was becoming worse. The team just wanted to get out of the place and return to their base location. They had to spend about half a day stuck there waiting for a relief train to come and pick them up. They couldn’t go on foot as the outside temperature was pretty extreme.”
Thankfully, the other train came to their rescue but they had only 10 minutes to rush and get into the new train. “It was chaotic. In addition to the spot boys, the rest of the cast and crew also helped transfer the luggage. Even Preity was seen transferring a couple of heavy trunks to the other train,” the source further adds. But among all this chaos, one local identified her and approached Preity asking her if she was the same one who starred in Kal Ho Naa Ho.
Talking about the incident, Preity says, “The weather was terrible, it was probably the coldest weather in the whole of Europe, thus the shooting got a little delayed.”
- Kal Ho Naa Ho kid actor showcases his film at Cannes
- Ishkq In Paris has taught me a lot about cinema-Preity Zinta
- Fenil’s Bollywood Talk # 257
- Ishkq In Paris to finally release on May 24; new trailer launched
- Preity Zinta shows the way; does a ‘Being Human’
- Subrata Roy to throw bash to celebrate Sridevi’s Padma Shri award?
- Ness and I were thrilled so we hugged each other-Preity Zinta
- I can do the biggest shot in front of 10,000 people-Preity Zinta
- Why is Preity Zinta’s Ishkq In Paris in cans after 11 months & 17 crores?
- Will Shekhar Kapur ever complete dream project Paani?