Happy that Sridevi loved my film-John Abraham
Aakansha Naval-Shetye (DNA; October 7, 2012)
Actor Sridevi is all smiles, as shegarners accolades for her performance in her comeback film English Vinglish, but so is John Abraham! Sri has been all praises for Vicky Donor, which was his maiden production.
Recently, while talking about her plans apart from acting, Sri revealed that though she may not dabble in direction, she would be open to turning producer. Asked what kind of films she would like to produce, the actor was quick to respond, “Vicky Donor — I loved the movie. I wish I would have produced it.”
According to a source, coming from Sri is what made it all the more special for John who holds her in very high regard. “Besides, being his first film as a producer, the film is extremely close to his heart. It is great encouragement and means a lot to me, because Sridevi is someone who he admires and respects,” says the source.
“I’m happy that someone of Sridevi’s stature loved the film. It certainly means a lot,” says John. “We are going to constantly strive to produce films that are youth-centric, thought provoking and entertaining at the same time. It feels nice and I am excited and hope my future films will elicit the same reaction,” added the actor-producer.
Meanwhile, John who recently returned home from the UK is currently busy working on Race 2 and Shootout At Wadala. “He’s shooting for some intense action sequences at the moment, and is also working on his next productions,” informs a source.
With the praises that he has earned with his first shot at production, the beefy actor sure has a long way forward.
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Directors who got second chance post forgettable debut
- John Abraham turns his attention to ad films
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- Priyanka Chopra buries the hatchet with Prakash Jaju?
- Ayushmann Khurrana behaving like Shah Rukh Khan?
- Salman wanted me to become a man-Arjun Kapoor
- The audience doesn’t care if an actor is related to the producer-Tusshar