Voluptuousness, dusky skin make Indian women sexy-Sameera Reddy
The lass sizzles in a rustic item number in Chakravyuh
Hiren Kotwani (BOMBAY TIMES; October 3, 2012)
Going voluptuous and dusky seems to be the flavour of the season. And that’s exactly how Sameera Reddy looks in Prakash Jha’s upcoming film, Chakravyuh (starring Abhay Deol, Arjun Rampal, Manoj Bajpayee and Esha Gupta), where she sizzles as a village belle in the item number, Kunda Khol.
Sameera recalls that the filmmaker wanted the song to be glamourous and yet retain the realism of the situation. “The song is shot in the midst of a naxalite camp. And considering the realism in his films, Prakashji said the makeup has to be dusky to ensure the look of a local girl. I was surprised that he wanted the dusky look, because most of the time, we are expected to be on the fairer side. It’s voluptuousness and dusky skin that make us, Indian women, sexy. It’s a welcome change that this trend of wholesome women has come back and the audience seem to be loving it.”
Shooting in a real location in Bhopal added to her performance, feels Sameera. “Unlike other songs, which have extras dressed up as locals, here they were actually locals. The atmosphere was so realistic that it helped me push myself. Nothing had prepared me for that amount of energy, it really tested my stamina,” she says. The actress gives all credit to the director. “Even though it’s a song, Prakashji was there on the sets, guiding me to give the required expressions. That aggressiveness brought out the rustic essence in the performance,” she says.
Calling the song an essential element in the film, Jha says Sameera was the right choice. “Sameera has that look and she’s such a good dancer. When I told Ganesh about her, he agreed immediately. And she’s done it fabulously. I’m very happy with the song, it’s fantastic,” he says.
Chakravyuh, produced by Prakash Jha productions, releases October 24.
- Pasta is my favourite as it’s easy to make-Navneet Kaur Dhillon
- Ajay Devgn packs up from Bhopal
- Amitabh Bachchan looking for residential property in Bhopal?
- Sajid Khan finally steps out; spotted in Bhopal with Ajay Devgn
- Madness as crowd goes crazy at Zarine Khan’s event in Bhopal
- Manoj Bajpayee visits Bharat Bhawan; goes down memory lane
- Saif Ali Khan gets a shaahi welcome in Bhopal thanks to Kareena Kapoor
- Sajid Khan flies to Bhopal to meet his buddy Ajay Devgn
- Kareena Kapoor does her first-ever crowd scene with Satyagraha
- Amrita Rao in Prakash Jha’s Satyagraha