Chakravyuh girl Anjali bags 3 Prakash Jha films
Priya Gupta (BOMBAY TIMES; October 3, 2012)
Anjali Patil has managed to accomplish what newcomers in Bollywood can only dream of. She has not only bagged a role in Prakash Jha’s Chakravyuh, but has also signed three other films with him.
Born and brought up in Nashik, Anjali graduated from Pune University in dramatics with a gold medal. As a student of direction at the National School of Drama in Delhi, she bagged her first role in Delhi In A Day, which fared well in the festival circuit. Anjali then decided to move to Mumbai to pursue a full-time career in films. She sent her pictures to Shruti Mahajan, who, at that time, was casting for Chakravyuh. The NSD graduate was shocked when she got a call seven months later, saying Jha had liked her pictures and wanted to meet her. She failed in her first audition, but Jha was sure about her abilities. He gave her a second chance and she proved him right. Anjali knew that it was an important role as during her audition there were other actresses like Tannishtha Chatterjee vying for the role.
- Arjun Kapoor is the most desirable man of 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan looking for residential property in Bhopal?
- Prasoon Joshi’s poem on Anna Hazare included in Satyagraha
- Sajid Khan finally steps out; spotted in Bhopal with Ajay Devgn
- Unlike TV, there’s only one Friday in the film industry-Hussain Kuwajerwala
- Tannishtha thrilled to attend the Cannes Film Festival
- Prakash Jha has given me my most challenging role-Amrita Rao
- Check out Ajay-Big B-Kareena-Arjun shooting for Satyagraha in Bhopal
- Only few actors can play Himmatwala; with others, it’ll be Himmatwali-Ajay Devgn
- Kareena Kapoor agrees to get intimate with Ajay Devgn in Satyagraha?