Shahrukh Khan to welcome you to Bengal
IANS (MID-DAY; September 30, 2012)
In an bid to attract big ticket investments and promote Bengal as a tourist destination, a promotional film featuring Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan – who is also the state’s brand ambassador – was released.
Shah Rukh Khan who is also the owner of IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), was singed the brand ambassador of Bengal by the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress regime last year.
The promotional film features important tourist destinations of Bengal such as Darjeeling, Digha, Kali temple at Dakshineswar and Kalighat, traditional dances of Bengal and the Sunderbans, among others.
The film has used the famous Rabindrasangeet ‘Banglar Mati Banglar Jol’ in the background with Shah Rukh saying: “There is something special about Bengal”.
The promotional film has been directed by national ward winning film maker Anirudhha Roy Choudhury.
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Aamir Khan to join B-Town’s famous games night?
- SRK makes Kamal Haasan copy do the Chammak Challo dance step?
- Shoulder injuries plague Aamir and Shah Rukh
- Shah Rukh Khan charges Rs 8 cr for a 30-minute jig in Dubai?
- Race against time: SRK doesn’t let Deepika go for world tour with Ranbir?
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge voted favourite film in 100 years
- Aamir Khan lets Shah Rukh Khan enjoy the spotlight?
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- Ayushmann Khurrana behaving like Shah Rukh Khan?