Aiyyaa first film shot at JJ School of Arts post-ban
Rani Mukerji’s upcoming film becomes the first to be shot inside the premises of JJ School of Arts after a 2010 ban on filming
Shakti Shetty (MID-DAY; September 25, 2012)
More than two years ago, the Maharashtra state government banned all film and ad shooting inside the premise of the JJ School of Arts after four 125-year-old sculptures were damaged during a film shoot.
Well, that was then. As of now, Sachin Kundalkar’s Bollywood directorial debut Aiyyaa has become the first film after the blanket ban incident to receive the permission to shoot in the city’s oldest art institution. In fact, more than half of the shooting of the rom-com starring Rani Mukerji and South star Prithviraj took place inside the college premises. Turns out it was Prithviraj’s idea.
The actor plays a student studying painting at the prestigious institute and he insisted that to get the real feel of character, the shooting of the film should take place there as well. After long deliberations, the members of JJ School of Arts apparently agreed and gave the unit a special permission to shoot in the college’s vicinity.
On contacting, the spokesperson for the film confirms the news and says, “Yes, we have shot many scenes in the premises of JJ School of Arts as the scenes in the film demanded so. However, it wasn’t easy to get the permission. We just consider ourselves lucky. Now the film looks complete with the actual location in the background.”
- Celebrated lensman Jagdish Mali passes away
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- 80-films-old Prithviraj made to audition for the first time for Aurangzeb
- Is Rani Mukerji’s Mardani inspired by Tejasvini?
- Have oomph; will reveal one day-Parineeti Chopra
- Huma can give Konkona a run for her money-Kannan Iyer
- Govinda on why ‘Rani Mukerji’ factor won’t come between him and Aditya
- Prithviraj was super hot in Aiyyaa-Swara Bhaskar
- Rani Mukerji in Pradeep Sarkar-YRF’s Mardaani
- Bombay Talkies: Celebrating new-age cinema