Amrita Rao turns scribe in Singh Saheb The Great
Amrita Rao will don a de-glam look for essaying the role of a journalist in Anil Sharma’s upcoming film
Sonali Joshi Pitale (MID-DAY; September 22, 2012)
It’s been a while since we last saw Amrita Rao on the big screen. Now buzz is that the petite actress has already signed her next film where she will be playing a journalist. Sources also say that her character is inspired by a real-life scribe. A source says, “Amrita was in talks with director Anil Sharma for Singh Saheb The Great starring Sunny Deol. Early this week, she gave her nod to the film. She will be essaying an honest and hard-hitting journo.”
Incidentally, the makers are denying that there are any real-life inspirations behind Amrita’s role. Also, the actress will be going de-glam. The source adds, “The makers wanted her character to be very realistic. Hence, she will be sporting kurtas and denims.”
In the meanwhile, Ameesha Patel is also said to be in talks with the director to play Sunny’s wife in the film.
- Ameesha Patel shifts house again?
- I have always worked with amateur actors-Puja Gupta
- Certain critics have loads of free time to think of me-Ameesha Patel
- DJ Aqeel’s Hype club to down shutters?
- Ameesha Patel is all set for Cannes outing
- Ameesha Patel to walk the red carpet at the Cannes film festival
- Shortcut Romeo to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival
- Prakash Jha has given me my most challenging role-Amrita Rao
- Super hot Ameesha Patel working round-the-clock
- If I play a bitch, I better look like one-Ameesha Patel