Vikram Bhatt gives childhood pal chance to direct
Asira Tarannum (MID-DAY; September 19, 2012)
Vikram Bhatt gives childhood friend and cinematographer Bhushan Patel his first Bollywood film as a director
We know Vikram Bhatt loves to give breaks to newbies. No wonder then that the filmmaker chose to give his childhood friend and cinematographer Bhushan Patel his big break by letting him direct his first ever Bollywood film, 1920 – Evil Returns.
A source close to both of them points out, “ Vikram and Bhushan have been childhood friends. Vikram has always admired his friend’s cinematography skills. He thought this would be the perfect project to helm.” The film is the sequel of Vikram’s 2008 film 1920. The source adds, “ The film has been shot at beautiful locales. Bhushan has coupled great visual effects with never seen before- horror, and it seems like the perfect project for a debutant director.” Bhushan says, “ In fact, Vikram gave me my first break as a cinematographer and I have also assisted his father. He has always been a dear friend and a mentor to me.”
- Medical practitioners’ community need to fix ethics and accountability-Paoli Dam
- Emraan to let go of Bhatt film to accomodate a Balaji film?
- Making movies is like playing cricket-Vikram Bhatt
- 100 years of Indian Cinema: Mahesh Bhatt on 18 great filmmakers
- 1920 part 3 delayed; Meerra Chopra to now debut with Gang Of Ghosts
- Udita Goswami had hit on me first-Mohit Suri
- Imran Abbas out of Boss but bags Vikram Bhatt’s Creature
- Paoli Dam enjoys company of Bong wives of his co-actors
- Actor in YRF’s TV show turns writer for Vikram Bhatt, Kunal Kohli
- Emraan Hashmi is back in the Bhatt fold