Salim Khan names Raj-Nadira Babbar’s grandson
Their daughter Juhi, who married her theatre co-star Anup Soni, was blessed with a baby boy on September 6
Priya Gupta (BOMBAY TIMES; September 19, 2012)
Nadira Babbar is delighted about the new toy in her house — her grandson, Imaan. Her daughter Juhi, who recently gave birth to a bonny boy, is staying with her mother for 40 days post delivery, as per the Indian tradition. Says Nadira, “There is a saying that goes ‘mool se zyada, byaaj pyara hota hai’. Likewise, while you enjoy your own children, having a grandchild takes happiness to a whole new level.”
Thirty-six years ago, legendary Hindi writer Munshi Premchand’s son had suggested Juhi’s name to Nadira and Raj Babbar since the couple was very fond of Hindi and Urdu literature and writers.
Juhi and her husband, Anoop Soni, who are equally fond of Urdu, had visited renowned writer/lyricist Salim Khan after their marriage. Salim Sahab, at that time, had suggested to the couple that if they had a boy, the best name for him would be ‘Imaan’. Juhi was not pregnant then. But now that she has delivered, naming her son would take the least amount of the family’s time. Tradition has taken care of that.
- Artiste association cash-strapped, says star netas should help
- Censor asks for deletion of pre-marriage slapping scene in upcoming film
- Nadira Zaheer Babbar to play Salman Khan’s mom in Mental
- Madhuri Dixit wanted to learn dance with me-Sushant Singh Rajput
- No Delhi gangrape on Crime Patrol
- Delhi gangrape case on Crime Patrol
- We want to be NIRBHAYA, cry citizens, celebrities
- Want to make a film in every genre-Amrit Sagar
- Prateik signs Bijoy Nambiar’s TV show, irks family?
- Prateik wishes Raj Babbar on birthday?