Rahul Rawail’s acting school shuts shop?
The filmmaker’s institution is being used by Suresh Wadkar for his singing classes
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 19, 2012)
Filmmaker Rahul Rawail’s (of Betaab and Arjun fame) acting school that was launched by Rishi Kapoor, Kajol, Priya Dutt and Poonam Dhillon amidst a lot of fanfare has shut shop. When we visited the academy situated in Ajivasan Building ‘B’ Wing on Juhu Tara Road, we found the place locked. We learnt that playback singer Suresh Wadkar is now using the place to hold his music classes every evening.
The watchman of the building, who was on duty told Mirror that Rawail does not visit his school premises anymore. “Rahul saab had taken the place on rent. Lekin who toh school bandh karke chale gaye,” said the security personnel.
According to a section of the industry, Rawail’s acting school shut down since the response did not meet Rawail’s expectations. Others believe that the filmmaker’s health issues may have come in the way. In February this year, Rawail was admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Lilavati Hospital for eight days, after he felt giddy at a private party.
When contacted, a promising student from Rawail’s acting school, Diana did not deny the story, but refused to speak on the matter. We called Rawail several times and even sent him text messages asking him what went wrong and if he had plans to have a similar set up elsewhere in Mumbai, but he chose not to respond.
At the launch of his school in 2010, Rawail had said, “It’s the first Indian branch of the world-famous Stella Adler Studio Of Acting. And Sunny’s (Deol) son Karan is my first student.” Stella Adler’s school in New York is named after Marlon Brando’s first acting teacher. It’s the world’s most well known acting school, having trained many Hollywood legends like Anthony Quinn, Warren Beatty, Candice Bergen and others. Even Vinod Khanna’s son Sakshi did a course from Rawail’s school.
Last heard, Rawail was getting ready to direct Sunny Deol starrer Ghayal 2.
- Vinod Khanna’s son Sakshi to be launched in Milan Luthria’s next?
- Told my son that you don’t need six pack to become an actor-Sunny Deol
- Ranbir is a person who I can do anything for-Imtiaz Ali
- Bollywood goes Yamla Pagla Deewana
- Sunny Deol’s Karan to be launched as an actor in a YRF film?
- Sunny Deol’s son turns rapper at his 55th bday bash
- FIR filed against Rawail for assulting society member
- Vinod Khanna’s son Sakshi assisting Milan Luthria
- Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 finally gets going
- Karan to debut next year-Sunny Deol