English Vinglish actor to direct Sridevi
Subhash K Jha (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 19, 2012)
Regarded as one of the most accomplished actors in Europe, Mehdi Nebbou is completely bowled over by his co-star Sridevi in English Vinglish.
So much so, minutes after the film’s premiere in the prestigious Gala section at the Toronto International Film Festival 2012, Nebbou announced he will soon turn director with a film starring Sridevi. “I’ve already asked Sridevi and she has given her nod. So now, I’ve an added incentive to take that plunge into direction sooner than later,” Nebbou said.
Heaping praises on Sridevi, Nebbou said, “She is incredibly talented. Her passion for cinema isn’t overt. She keeps very quiet but once the camera starts rolling, she transforms into her character. Her eyes speak a million words. I wasn’t aware of her work or of Bollywood cinema before English Vinglish. But I learnt so much from her while doing the film. She is very inspiring and yes, so caring.”
Nebbou, who is currently shooting for his latest French film, is likely to be in Mumbai for the premiere of English Vinglish in the first week of October. “Even if it’s just for 24 hours, I’d like to fly down to Mumbai for the premiere. I’d love to just touch down on the city,” said the Frenchman.
- Check out some of the best Bollywood star pictures of Jagdish Mali
- Timeless beauties who have romanced both father and son
- Salman wanted me to become a man-Arjun Kapoor
- Sonam’s IQ is great but my EQ is better-Anil Kapoor
- Chandni jalebi: Dishes at Subrata’s party named after Sridevi’s films
- Major B-Town stars give Sridevi-Subrata Roy’s bash a miss?
- Sridevi and sister Srilatha make up after years
- English Vinglish becomes second highest grosser in Hong Kong after 3 Idiots
- Subrata Roy to throw bash to celebrate Sridevi’s Padma Shri award?
- Are the southern heroines losing sheen in Bollywood?