Mithun cried when Akshay narrated OMG script
Priya Gupta (BOMBAY TIMES; September 18, 2012)
Fifteen years ago, Mithun Chakraborty was, by his own admission, a “fanatic” who would religiously wake up every morning at 3.30 am to offer puja and visit temples. This continued till the fateful night when he woke up shivering and realised it was God’s way of telling him something — that enlightenment could happen with ordinary experiences, and did not need a long beard.
Since then, the actor, who remains a believer, does not visit temples because he has read the Bhagwad Gita, and has embraced its philosophy. He explains, “The irony is that while ‘people look for God’ in mandir and masjids, ‘God looks for people’s hearts to stay in’.”
So, when Akshay Kumar narrated the script of OMG Oh My God! to him, he was in tears. The film highlights that a human being’s quest for God has taken the shape of superstition today, even though God is actually inside all of us.
In the film, the National Award-winning actor plays a godman — a man who represents what God has come to mean to people today.
- Injured Akshay takes rest for a day; back on sets of Thupakki
- Tracing Vindoo Dara Singh’s journey towards notoriety
- Akshay Kumar lip-syncs to Honey Singh’s voice in Boss
- Truck runs over Akshay Kumar’s foot; rushed to hospital
- Check out Akshay-Imran dubbing for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again
- Is Sonakshi Sinha Akshay Kumar’s most preferred heroine?
- Dhadkan 2 in the making
- Akshay Kumar-Sonu Sood bonding on the sets of Entertainment?
- Akshay Kumar to play Mithun Chakraborty’s role in Shaukeen remake?
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?