Vidyut takes special army training for ‘Commando’
Vidyut Jammwal recently underwent intensive training at a US-based army training facility to prep for his next role
Jigar Shah (MID-DAY; September 12, 2012)
Known for his passion and dedication to action and martial arts, Vidyut Jammwal has taken his commitment to a whole new level. He recently spent three weeks at a special physical training centre in Georgia that provides a secluded outdoor training environment. And all this for his upcoming film Commando produced by Vipul Shah.
Our source says, “It is an undisclosed army training facility that trains all the commandos of the Russian and the Georgian armies. This happens to be the same facility that trained 200 US army troops in 2002 to improve their counter-terrorism capabilities. In fact Vidyut is also said to be training under army trainers.
A friend of the actor says, “Vidyut’s always takes the idea of fitness, strength and agility very seriously, no matter what it is for film or otherwise. He has trained in martial art ever since he was three-years-old in Kerala. Vidyut’s extensive training background prepares him to face an extreme situation in any environment.”
- Injured Akshay takes rest for a day; back on sets of Thupakki
- The curious case of Commando actress Pooja Chopra’s changing face
- Akshay jumps down two floors, hurts his foot but continues shooting
- Akshay Kumar to be action advisor for Commando’s sequel?
- Crazy fan from Japan sends Vidyut Jammwal his sketch
- The top 10 films of 2013 till date
- MMS tremors hit Mona Singh-Vidyut Jammwal’s relationship?
- Vidyut Jammwal, Pooja Chopra gear up for Commando sequel?
- Bullet Raja’s next schedule in Etawah instead of Rajasthan
- Nautanki Saala fails to hold well on the weekdays