Anil Kapoor chops off abuses from his dialogues?
Uncomfortable mouthing expletives, Kapoor got a scene changed in next
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 12, 2012)
Recently, Anil Kapoor developed cold feet when he had to abuse John Abraham while shooting of a scene from Shootout at Wadala, directed by Sanjay Gupta and produced by Balaji Motion Pictures.
So much so, the shoot had to be halted for nearly an hour-and-a-half, and the scene completely revised in order to make Anil, who plays cop Isaque Bagwan in the film, feel comfortable. While Anil remained unavailable for comment, Gupta said, “It’s fine. Anil had reservations. Even we thought that the film would be come unnecessarily heavy on expletives. It was a creative call, I would say.” Meanwhile, an eyewitness told Mirror, “Anil knew what was coming. He had read the script. But he felt differently on the sets. He was uncomfortable spouting expletives at John and even the other actors in the film like Manoj Bajpayee and Sonu Sood.”
Apparently, Anil felt the abusive language would go against his image. “Anil has a large fan following, especially among children, thanks to some of his films like Mr India for instance. He felt he should not mouth expletives. He had a word with Gupta, who agreed, albeit with some hiccups,” said the eyewitness.
- John Abraham gifts himself new version of Yamaha sports bike
- When Kareena Kapoor came across ‘old foe’ John Abraham at a restaurant
- OUATIMA pushed ahead after SRK, KJo convince Jeetendra, Ekta?
- Anil Kapoor’s next production fails to impress film studios?
- Actually, John’s built better than I ever was-Sylvester Stallone
- Abhishek Bachchan walks out of Abbas-Mustan’s next?
- I want John and me to be like Ajay & Rohit-Sanjay Gupta
- Minerva Towers the new go-to address of Bollywood stars?
- Salman’s favourite Sonakshi opp John Abraham in Welcome Back?
- I will never produce a Housefull 2 or Race 2-John Abraham