Anil Kapoor chops off abuses from his dialogues?
Uncomfortable mouthing expletives, Kapoor got a scene changed in next
Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 12, 2012)
Recently, Anil Kapoor developed cold feet when he had to abuse John Abraham while shooting of a scene from Shootout at Wadala, directed by Sanjay Gupta and produced by Balaji Motion Pictures.
So much so, the shoot had to be halted for nearly an hour-and-a-half, and the scene completely revised in order to make Anil, who plays cop Isaque Bagwan in the film, feel comfortable. While Anil remained unavailable for comment, Gupta said, “It’s fine. Anil had reservations. Even we thought that the film would be come unnecessarily heavy on expletives. It was a creative call, I would say.” Meanwhile, an eyewitness told Mirror, “Anil knew what was coming. He had read the script. But he felt differently on the sets. He was uncomfortable spouting expletives at John and even the other actors in the film like Manoj Bajpayee and Sonu Sood.”
Apparently, Anil felt the abusive language would go against his image. “Anil has a large fan following, especially among children, thanks to some of his films like Mr India for instance. He felt he should not mouth expletives. He had a word with Gupta, who agreed, albeit with some hiccups,” said the eyewitness.
- John Abraham turns his attention to ad films
- Etka Kapoor ropes in Sujoy Ghosh for a thriller?
- In Ekta’s absence, Tusshar plays perfect host at Shootout success party
- Anil Kapoor-Tabu in Tere Bin Laden director’s next?
- Buying luxury cars to celebrate film success latest fad in Bollywood?
- Is Sunny Leone an A-lister?
- Next Shootout film to have Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham?
- Sanjay Gupta on shooting Kaante in a ‘hellish’ LA hotel
- Ajay offers support to Ekta and her Eid release OUATIM 2?
- Priyanka Chopra buries the hatchet with Prakash Jaju?