Jasveer thrilled to be small screen’s Savita Bhabhi
Aakanksha Naval-Shetye (DNA; September 7, 2012)
Zee TV’s Hitler Didi — that has just taken an eight-year leap after the death of its lead protagonist Indira (Rati Pandey) — has seen some new faces join them post the leap, including Shruti Bisht and Harsh Rajput. And the latest to join the show is actor Jasveer Kaur who will be seen playing ‘Savita Bhabhi’ on the show. A source reveals that Savita is the young, beautiful wife of a rich old man who’s just moved to the Chandni Chowk neighbourhood where the Sharmas stay. “Romance will brew between Savita and Munna (Sandeep Baswana), now that his wife Sunaina (Smita Singh) has fled the scene with Indira’s lottery money,” says the source. Jasveer, who is best remembered for her role as the vicious Pavitra in Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan, shares that she is thrilled about her new role. “My role in Hitler Didi has a lot of potential for rib-tickling comedy. Savita Bhabhi is seductive, mischievous, impish and her chemistry with Munna will be enjoyed by the audiences. The brand of comedy is cheeky and naughty, without being vulgar. We are playing straight to the gallery!” says Jasveer.
- Aishwarya replaces Rati in India’s Dancing Superstar?
- What do words like ‘sharirik sambandh’ mean, asks child artiste
- Rozlyn Khan’s the new Savita Bhabhi
- TV Channels say No to Adult Films
- Savita Bhabhi reincarnated as Sheetal Bhabhi
- Hrithik Roshan down with malaria
- “I was just doing my duty as a man”…
- Salman ko lift kara de
- Fenil's Bollywood Talk # 63