Isha Sharwani out of Jhalak: for real or gimmick?
Neha Maheshwri Bhagat (BOMBAY TIMES; September 9, 2012)
Isha ‘body-minus-bones’ Sharvani, the strongest contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, has quit the show following an elbow injury, inform sources. The actress has been out of action for a week now after being advised a four-week rest. Is the injury a publicity stunt?
“Not at all. Isha is seriously injured. She is scared now and doesn’t want to take any chances with her body. The channel is trying to convince Isha but she is no mood to return,” says a source. But viewers aren’t buying this. One can’t help but wonder how the strongest contenders on this dance reality show exit just as it reaches its last leg, citing some injury or the other.
Every season, this show features at least one trained dancer as a celebrity participant. While one expects the trained dancer to win hands down, surprisingly, it is always the weaker contestant who walks away with the crown because that is the format of the show. This season, it seems to be Isha’s turn to pull off a Sushant Singh Rajput (he had quit the show last year, after a back injury, only to add to the drama by returning later.”
- Kayoze Irani in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?
- Karan Johar-Remo DSouza’s Dostana moment
- Will Manoj Bajpayee participate in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?
- Madhuri Dixit wanted to learn dance with me-Sushant Singh Rajput
- Why Isha Sharvani won’t promote David at all
- I am fabulously single-Isha Sharvani
- Vivek Agnihotri signs Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa choreographer
- Rashmi Desai back as Tapasya in Uttaran
- Madhuri-Sridevi share stage for the first time
- Alia Bhatt faints on sets of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’