Was Priyanka behind Ranbir-Kareena not sharing stage?
It would have been the first time that Kareena Kapoor and her cousin Ranbir would be on stage together but for Priyanka Chopra!
Jigar Shah (MID-DAY; September 5, 2012)
Thanks to Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra’s infamous war of words on Karan Johar’s TV show Koffee With Karan, a first time-ever moment in Bollywood could not take place.
The makers of Indian Idol 6 wanted Bebo and her cousin Ranbir Kapoor to appear together on the stage to promote their respective films. However, given the alleged acrimonious relationship between Bebo and Piggy Chops, who is Ranbir’s co-star in his film Barfi, this coming-together did not happen. Our source says, “In the context of the Kapoor family being a part of Bollywood since the last 80 years, it’s sad that Kareena and her cousin Ranbir have never appeared together on the stage ever. The makers of the show wanted to make this possible.”
Apparently at the last minute, it was decided that it could not go as planned. The source adds, “Everyone realised that it would not be possible to get Kareena and RK’s co-star Priyanka Chopra on the same stage. That’s why Ranbir shot his portions on Friday whereas Kareena went live on the show.”
- In the midst of YJHD promotions, Ranbir Kapoor undergoes surgery
- Ranbir Kapoor in Awara remake?
- Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguard hired for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Why Bombay Velvet changed hands from Viacom to Fox
- Why Sanjay Leela Bhansali is being cautious with Mary Kom biopic
- After two big cats, Priyanka Chopra adopts a lion cub
- I’ll be the godfather of Deepika Padukone’s child-Ranbir Kapoor
- CBFC students to now have a chapter on Priyanka Chopra
- Ranbir Kapoor finds a new buddy in Jaaved Jaaferi’s son
- Saif making travel plans for Kareena’s birthday in September?