Gulshan Grover in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Bullet Raja
Mehul S Thakkar (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 1, 2012)
Last seen in Saif Ali Khan’s home production Agent Vinod, ‘bad man’ Gulshan Grover has now landed a meaty role in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s next titled Bullet Raja that stars Saif in the lead.
The film is based in Lucknow and sees Gulshan playing a wealthy businessman well connected with politicians and the underworld.
A source close to the project told Mirror, “When the script was completed, Gulshan was the makers’ first choice. They have decided not to experiment with his looks, unlike the actor’s earlier get-ups in many movies. His character, albeit negative, adds a lot of value to the film.”
Explaining how he was roped in, the source said, “The filmmakers invited him for lunch without telling him what he had been called for. When they broke the news to him, he was very happy and hugged both Tigmanshu and producer Rahul Mittra. He is very kicked about his role and will soon have a session on the development of the character.”
When contacted, Rahul Mittra of Brand Smith Motion Pictures, confirmed the news and said, “Gulshan is a fantastic actor and we go back a long way. Audiences are going to love him in this villainous avatar.”
- Mahie ready to reveal everything about her hotelier boyfriend but his name?
- Prateik Babbar demands 1 cr for Milan Talkies; replaced by Imran Khan?
- Curse of Hamlet: Hrithik had tried to do the film thrice but failed each time?
- Tigmanshu Dhulia unleashes the singer-composer in him at a bash
- Four filmmakers planning to adapt Hamlet?
- Onir, Tigmanshu making films inspired by the Hamlet?
- Hrithik Roshan in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Hamlet?
- Sonakshi Sinha does a vanishing act
- Major B-Town stars give Sridevi-Subrata Roy’s bash a miss?
- Bullet Raja’s next schedule in Etawah instead of Rajasthan