Nobody knows how Barfi will end
The cast of Anurag Basu’s next film is still clueless about how the project has finally shaped up
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; August 25, 2012)
Looks like Anurag Basu has a unique way of storytelling, that sometimes applies even to his own set of actors. While working on Basu’s next Barfi, the cast including Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D’Cruz apparently remained clueless regarding the conclusion of the film. That’s because Basu does not believe in having the screenplay of his films with him during narration schedules.
Ileana on her part thought that it would be a masala film but was pleasantly surprised over her role of a serious Bengali girl. Priyanka maintains that she never got a narration for the film and it was only Ranbir who got it. Ranbir tells us that there was no script in the first place. Instead there was only a small sheet of paper that Anurag had brought along for the narration. There was no format and whatever schedule he was told about kept changing during the narration.
Explaining his act, Anurag Basu says, “All I can say is that I am a lazy narrator. The wholehearted narration that I gave was only to Ranbir and the team of UTV. As far as Priyanka goes, I only told her what Zilmil does in the film. I had never seen Ileana in a film, so I had no image of her in my mind. As far as the schedule being changed is concerned, there have been one instance too many.”
Rucha Pathak, senior creative director of the production house states, “Anurag is actually very clear in his head. He uses arrows to explain the film to his actors and that’s what happened with me during the first narration.” Probably when the curtains rise on Anurag’s upcoming film, Ranbir, Priyanka and Ileana too could be watching it for the first time!
- After two big cats, Priyanka Chopra adopts a lion cub
- I’ll be the godfather of Deepika Padukone’s child-Ranbir Kapoor
- CBFC students to now have a chapter on Priyanka Chopra
- Ranbir Kapoor finds a new buddy in Jaaved Jaaferi’s son
- Madhubala’s family may stall Kishore Kumar biopic?
- I was never taken seriously as an actor-Rishi Kapoor
- SLB can’t afford to take rest despite ill & being on liquid diet
- I was tense about putting my hand around Madhuri’s waist-Ranbir Kapoor
- Deepika and I hope to be like Nargis and Raj Kapoor-Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor is the only one competing with big boys-Ranveer Singh