No one can break my beautiful relationship with Salman-Subhash Ghai
Director rubbishes all rumours suggesting the actor won’t do the filmmaker’s next project. Says he is ready to pay the star Rs 100 crore for the film
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; August 25, 2012)
Close on the heels of buzz that Salman Khan is no longer doing his next film with Subhash Ghai, the filmmaker slams his detractors for fuelling such rumours. In fact, Ghai says the film is very much on the anvil, and that he doesn’t mind paying Sallu Rs 100 crore for it, as the star “deserves it”.
The filmmaker adds that the film will go on the floors after Ghai completes his present film, which he is starting by the year-end. Ghai says, “It is news to me too that Salman is not doing my film. Rumours and manufactured stories are part of our industry and media, especially when you are lying low. I met Salman on August 15, when he invited me to see Ek Tha Tiger, which was then followed by a party. We had a good time. As rumoured in the media, I neither met him on Eid nor have I told him about any concept. No one can break my beautiful relationship with Salman.”
The filmmaker adds, “There are no formalities between me and Salman. I have been talking to him about a film from the last one and a half years. If Salman asks for Rs 100 crore I will be more than happy to pay him the amount because he deserves it. In fact, I am confident that our film will make Rs 200 crore.”
With inputs from Asira Tarannum
- Salman Khan resumes Mental, sans South fighters?
- Salman Khan to marry Romanian TV anchor?
- Check out Salman Khan shooting for action-packed ad
- Subhash Ghai ventures into fashion
- Shah Rukh Khan-Salman Khan were shooting in Goa at the same time?
- Andaz Apna Apna 2 to go on floors?
- Salman Khan makes a comfort call to Sanjay Dutt’s daughter
- Sanjay Dutt bid adieu to his family and friends; goes to jail
- Sonakshi reaches event; but doesn’t come out of van due to Kangna?
- Aditya Pancholi’s son, Suniel Shetty’s daughter in the remake of Hero?