Randeep’s character in Heroine inspired by Imran Khan?
Apparently, Randeep Hooda’s character in ‘Heroine’ is based on the flamboyant former cricket captain of Pakistan as he was in his heydays
Kunal M Shah (MID-DAY; August 23, 2012)
Randeep Hooda, who plays the character of a cricketer in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Kareena Kapoor starrer Heroine, apparently has his screen persona inspired by Pakistan cricketer Imran Khan. In his heydays the flamboyant player was known for his link ups.
A source informs us, “Randeep has been depicted as a charming cricketer who has an affair with an actress, essayed by Kareena. The character is based on Imran Khan although it is not stated that he is Pakistan cricket team’s captain. The character is flamboyant something that Imran Khan was known for off the field.”
In the recent past there was buzz that Randeep had been taking tips from ace cricketer Virendar Sehwag for his role of a cricketer in the film. He also went to watch him play during the last India-West Indies cricket match with Naseeruddin Shah.” Hooda who was shooting in South Africa remained unavailable for comment.
- Prateik Babbar demands 1 cr for Milan Talkies; replaced by Imran Khan?
- Check out Alia Bhatt shooting for Imtiaz Ali’s Highway in Kashmir
- Kareena-Lovely drift apart due to misunderstandings created by common friends?
- Kareena Kapoor refuses to do Zoya’s film without Ranbir Kapoor?
- Check out Randeep Hooda as Charles Sobhraj
- Check out Randeep Hooda-Alia Bhatt shooting for Highway in Kashmir
- Ajay Devgn-Kareena Kapoor in Shabina Khan’s next?
- Ranbir-Imran-Katrina-Anushka come together finally
- Gippi wins hearts of Bollywood stars
- Randeep Hooda’s horse, Son of Soil, passes away due to illness