Nishikant Kamat opp Sakshi Tanwar in Bawra Mann
After Tigmanshu Dhulia, here’s another director who has signed up for an acting role
Shaheen Parkar (MID-DAY; August 23, 2012)
Nishikant Kamat, director of the John Abraham-Genelia D’Souza-starrer Force, features in Bawra Mann, which has been doing the rounds of the international film circuit. He has telly actress Sakshi Tanwar as his co-star. The film has been written-directed by Mitu, who is the creative head of several television shows.
Best remembered for his Marathi film Dombivli Fast, Kamat is not new to acting. He has done a Marathi film Saatchya Aat Gharat (2004) that he also penned besides some other projects earlier in his career. He has also acted in Prawal Raman’s thriller 404 in the past.
After working with him, Mitu believes that Nishikant is as good an actor as a director. “I needed someone who is unconventional, intense, mature yet vulnerable. I had seen him years ago on television and felt he fitted the role.” After O Re Manvaa and Bawra Mann, she is working towards her third film to complete her trilogy.
- John-Nishikant come together once again for action thriller
- Nishikant Kamat to direct Riteish Deshmukh in Marathi film
- Riteish Deshmukh to star in his next Marathi production
- Riteish’s next Marathi venture to be helmed by Force director
- Getting correct actor for small parts is most difficult-Mukesh Chhabra
- ‘Force 2′ on back burner?
- B.O. update: Pirates 4 robs business of Hindi films
- Movie Review: 404 by TARAN ADARSH
- Imaad makes his musical debut
- Nishikant Kamat suggests edits in 404