Aki disappoints makers of Barfi, Dhoom 3?
The fashion designer has been unable to finish designing jobs for films forcing filmmakers to look elsewhere
Jigar Shah (MID-DAY; August 23, 2012)
It looks like designer Aki Narula has taken on more than he can drape. The B-Town stylist and designer of late has been unable to complete his projects leaving filmmakers and stars to look for other options some even days before shooting starts.
For instance, as Aki is close to Ranbir Kapoor, he was asked to design the star for his film, Barfi, with Anurag Basu. But a source says, “He couldn’t complete the film, though he did some styling for Ranbir. But for his co-star Ileana D’Cruz he couldn’t do anything.
When asked about it Basu says, “Aki did the clothes for Ranbir, but couldn’t do it for Ileana. There were times when he couldn’t be on the sets or the outfits were not ready. We later brought in Shefali to design for Ileana. She had worked with me in my earlier project Life In A Metro as well. My wife Tani and I also helped with the clothes as part of film has a Bengali setting so it is a familiar territory for us.”
Buzz is that Aki was also roped in for Milan Luthria’s sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, but later a different designer was approached just days before a shoot. When asked to comment, Aki maintained, “I have just come back from Kolkata as my dad had some health issues. We’ll talk about this a little later.” Aki has dressed up the stars for films like Bunty aur Babli, Bluffmaster, Bachcna Ae Haseeno, Tashan and Rockstar.
Aamir didn’t approve
In the second instance, Aki was also asked to design the look for Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3 but couldn’t complete it on time. The source adds, “Aamir however didn’t approve of the look given to his character. He brought in designers Manoshi Nath and Rushi Sharma. They had worked with the star for his TV show as well as his film (Talash) with Reema Kagti.”
- Meet the four musketeers of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Barfi to be screened at the Shanghai International Film Festival
- Aamir Khan, Salman Khan in a cameo in Phata Poster Nikhla Hero?
- I finally discovered Ranbir Kapoor…-Deepika Padukone
- Aamir Khan to speak only in Bhojpuri in P.K.?
- In the midst of YJHD promotions, Ranbir Kapoor undergoes surgery
- I shook Anand Gandhi’s hands for nearly five minutes-Kiran Rao
- Ranbir Kapoor in Awara remake?
- Shah Rukh Khan’s bodyguard hired for Ranbir Kapoor?
- Why Bombay Velvet changed hands from Viacom to Fox